Joined: 01 Feb 2008 Posts: 1407 Location: Kraków, Poland
Posted: 2013-06-01, 22:15 VCMI 0.93 released!
we are proudly releasing VCMI 0.93. Fulfilling numerous requests, with this release VCMI supports pure SoD installation. WoG/ERA is not required anymore, though remains and will remain supported.
There are also other numerous improvements to the mod system. Because of that the mods from 0.92 and 0.93 are not compatible. The manual on updating mods to 0.93 build is published on project wiki.
Modding system in VCMI is already quite powerful. Please visit Mod list to get the mods, like new towns, artifacts, main menu screen.
Extract the package into your main Heroes folder. If you have older version of VCMI, delete it first.
VCMI works with SoD, WoG 3.58f and ERA installations. We recommend using English version, though VCMI should also work with other language versions. If you want to make your H3 installation English, extract this package into Data/ subfolder.
Save format has been changed, savegames from previous versions won't work with 0.93.
VCMI supports 800x600, 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1080 and 1920x1080 screen resolutions. To switch default resolution in system settings window click “HIGH” button and select resolution (available only in game). As for now custom resolution is only applied when the map is started.
Many thanks for all testers and developers who contributed to this build.
For the general information about our project look here. Our project isn't really playable now, but it gives you an idea of progress we have made so far. We're hoping that you'll like it.
For bug reports, we have deployed separate bugtracker. Please report bugs using this form. Check this page for list of known bugs and details.
We hope you'll help us develop the project - details are available here. VCMI is an open source project licensed on GNU GPL 2.0 or higher. Our SVN repository with all the sources is available here.
You can look for help in building and developing VCMI sources in the development board.
0.92 -> 0.93 (Jun 01 2013)
* Support for SoD-only installations, WoG becomes optional addition
* New logging framework
* Negative luck support, disabled by default
* Several new icons for creature abilities (Fire Shield, Non-living, Magic Mirror, Spell-like Attack)
* Fixed stack artifact (and related buttons) not displaying in creature window.
* Fixed crash at month of double population.
* See http://wiki.vcmi.eu/index...#0.92_-.3E_0.93 for compatibility info.
* Improved json validation. Now it support most of features from latest json schema draft.
* Icons use path to icon instead of image indexes.
* It is possible to edit data of another mod or H3 data via mods.
* Mods can access only ID's from dependenies, virtual "core" mod and itself (optional for some mods compatibility)
* Removed no longer needed field "projectile spins"
* Heroes: split heroes.json in manner similar to creatures\factions; string ID's for H3 heroes; h3 hero classes and artifacts can be modified via json.
* Fixed Death Stare of Commanders
* Projectile blitting should be closer to original H3. But still not perfect.
* Fixed missing Mirth effects
* Stack affected by Berserk should not try to attack itself
* Fixed several cases of incorrect positioning of creatures in battles
* Fixed abilities of Efreet.
* Fixed broken again palette in some battle backgrounds
* VCMI will not crash if building selection area is smaller than def
* Detection of transparency on selection area is closer to H3
* Improved handling buildings with mode "auto":
- they will be properly processed (new creatures will be added if dwelling, spells learned if mage guild, and so on)
- transitive dependencies are handled (A makes B build, and B makes C and D)
* Added missing WoG creature sounds (from Kuririn).
* The Windows package comes with DLLs needed to play .ogg files
* (linux) convertMP3 option for vcmibuilder for systems where SDL_Mixer can't play mp3's
* some missing sounds for battle effects
* Several fixes to combined artifacts added via mods.
* Fixed Spellbinder's Hat giving level 1 spells instead of 5.
* Fixed incorrect components of Cornucopia.
* Cheat code with grant all artifacts, including the ones added by mods
I want make similar to HV, where demons are immune to Succubus firechain and I want make similar to H3 immunity to Magog fireballs.
Can I make 1 ability to immune Inferno troops to fireball and other hostile spells from Fire School?
Age: 25 Joined: 08 May 2009 Posts: 1438 Location: Ukraine
Posted: 2013-06-02, 20:33
I suppose yes (although this should be moved to thread like "Modding faq"). But you'll need to add such ability to every Inferno creature separately - I don't think that you can add ability to whole faction right now.
I think I'll try to make such mod to have example on how to add abilities to H3 creatures.
UPD: bad news on fireball - right now immunity for magog fireball or lich feath cloud is hardcoded.
Joined: 24 Feb 2008 Posts: 744 Location: Brussels, BE
Posted: 2013-06-03, 13:31
@Warmonger: Can you update the master post on your VCMI thread on CH with the new release?
EDIT: Oops. Already done but I missed it, as no new post was bumping the thread. Sorry. And thanks! ;)
_________________ Tips for testers:
- Check the bugs already reported in the BUGTRACKER, to avoid creating dupes
- Check the ITEM IMPLEMENTATION STATUS lists, to avoid reporting as “bug” a feature not yet ready for testing
- If you feel the devs should prioritize a certain feature implementation, please add it to the Missing features & functionalities thread.
- Enjoy! :)
The use of the EDIT button is strongly encouraged on the forum.
Joined: 12 Dec 2009 Posts: 247 Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posted: 2013-06-08, 14:41
Sorry, I can't help you. My RPM packages are built for the Fedora OS. There is currently no maintainer for Mageia OS.
I think the last release(0.92) worked because it was compiled with boost 1.48 and Mageia OS 2 uses 1.48. Mageia OS 3 uses 1.53 and Fedora 18 1.50. This could be the problem.
If there is a greater interest in VCMI for Mageia I could cross-compile a version for it, but not the next four, five weeks :( Perhaps you want to try it to compile it by yourself and provide packages for Mageia:)
How do you get the WoG features to work? Even with the WoG files installed and Commanders as "true" in defaultMods.json, I haven't been able to get Commanders to work - Necropolis heroes get a Power Lich instead of a Commander, not sure about the other towns. This is even without other mods.
Age: 25 Joined: 08 May 2009 Posts: 1438 Location: Ukraine
Posted: 2013-06-08, 22:14
If you have Power lich as commander this means that WoG is not loaded at all.
Right now wog presence detection checks for
1) Mods/wog/mod.json file, must come with VCMI
2) Data/zvs OR Mods/WoG/Data/zvs directory. Should come from wog installer (or from Era)
Othervice wog will be disabled.
If you have both of these and still don't have wog features then this may be bug.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum