VCMI 0.92 released!

Сan somebody (Tow or Tow Dragon I assume) update this page:
sourceforge.net/projects/vcmi/
It still shows 0.88 as latest version, Files tab have 0.9 but still no 0.92

Maybe even close download section there in favour of vcmi.eu? Or some other way to redirect to latest version?

Could someone update the ppa so it also builds/downloads the changed datafiles if they did change? Right now i just downloaded automatically and i’m not sure at all if the data is correct for the version…

The best way to do this maybe to make the less often changing stuff (like the WoG stuff), into a debian package itself, and leave the changing datafiles to be upgraded with the rest of things. Maybe also asking where the heroes 3 data is at the start and treat it as special ‘config’ files, idk.
Maybe i’m overreacting and it’s already ‘just working’ where the main data is kept unchanged and the data on the svn is already completely replaced on updates.

Data files are same as before. If 0.91 from PPA worked then 0.92 will work just as well. All data installation part on wiki should be done only once.

In future I may integrate data files into .deb but this should be done for all distros and not be specific to Ubuntu.

Perhaps. Right now all this functionality is given to vcmibuilder to make install easier for those who don’t want or can’t use Wine.

Moving it to vcmiclient is not straightforward at least right now.

Yes - all data from svn will be updated. CMake certainly made things like this much more easier.

Hi everyone! I’ve been watching for VCMI project for awhile. Thank you guys for doing all this stuff! I only want to ask one question. The VCMI project supports WOG features. But it seems that they are not configurable through “WOG options” menu when I start new game. Is it a bug or this feature is not implemented yet?

In-game menu is not implemented yet. Right now most notable WoG features can be configured from config/defaultMods.json file

I have added 0.92 but it is probably not visible for Linux users as I marked package as binaries for Windows. Obviously, Linux users won’t benefit from that package so I don’t think it makes sense to make it visible for all OS-es.
I don’t seem to be able to turn off the downloads service. (I guess I could just delete all files… but that doesn’t feel right.) I can’t add external URLs as files.

Sourceforge page already has link to our homepage… and I don’t know what more I can do with it.

Managing mods

To activate or deactivate mod open file <data dir>/config/modSettings.json. Set mod state to "false" for disabling it or to "true" for enabling.

Note that removing mod from this list will not deactivate or remove mod from the game - any mods not present in this file will be considered by game as newly installed and will be (re-)inserted in this file on startup.

To remove mod delete its folder (<data dir>/Mods/modname).

How the modSettings.json should look like? There is no such file in vcmi default package. Also is there is any changes to automatically update the files after detection of new mod, should it would be easy to disable it?

modSettings.json will appear after first run.
It may look like

{
	"activeMods" : {
		"en data" : false,
		"fast battle animation" : true,
		"new-menu" : true,
		"rus fonts" : true,
		"vcmi" : true,
		"wog" : true,
		"wogrus" : true
	}
}

All new mods will be added to this file after next run, then you may disable them (set value to false, DO NOT delete disabled mods).

A bit late, but here it is: dl.dropbox.com/u/1777581/vcmi-0.92.dmg

Uploaded, thank you. :slight_smile:

RPMs for VCMI 0.92 will be built tomorrow, the 6th March 2013 15:00h UTC. Sorry for the delay…

See, this is why launchpad is awesome. Fedora really needs something like it (i’d switch in a moment if it had something like that AND used apt).

Links to new RPMs are updated.

Just wanted to thank all involved for taking your spare time to realize this project! Makes an old gamer like me very happy to see someone reviving the game!

Thank you! <3

I agree! Full-scale mods are great! Looking forward to this and also fheroes2 on sourceforge.net’s big new editor!

Have a great day, and a great year too!

Is it possible to make apk. for this? Many thanks

If you mean this APK: [forum.vcmi.eu/t/android-version-faq/587/1) .

I see… It is so miserably. I will wait android version with hope.
Many thanks, Tow dragon

VCMI should have abillities of Heroes 5 engine or even better than HV.

IMHO:
I agree, H5 abilities tree is great. But it won’t be possible in the near future. Firstly VCMI has to achieve all H3 features, including a nice RMG and AI. Then, the team (or other modders) could think about H5 abilities future or anything else.