VCMI Wiki opened!

Done. :slight_smile:
To include code use

<syntaxhighlight lang="cpp">
</syntaxhighlight>

Feel free to tune wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Geshi.css to your liking.

Thanks!
But there is one problem - I can’t edit css file. Even logged in I can only view source:

I can still play with css using browser development tools (and this is faster than editing that page) so if access is a problem I can send you final version.

I gave you admin privilages, now you should be able to edit the page.

Is there a way u guys could put this game on android somehow cuz i believe many more people would be very happy about it and help u guys out :confused:?

We? Unlikely. None of us are familiar with Android development.

Existing port was made by pelya so ask him about this or find another Android developer to finish port.

So if we can find an android port you will support android as well ypu say o.o

The project is open. If someone wants to make Android port, he can join in any time.

To make it clear: we (that is, currently active developers of VCMI) won’t support Pelya’s port nor any other fork of our engine. But what Warmonger wrote is right.

Ohh i guess thats fair enough o.o

Guyz, can you please compile Ubuntu or Debian version for ARM processors?
It is possible to install Ubuntu on android tablets and may be it would be possible to play? I can be a tester :slight_smile:

To do so, we need a developer with appropriate device willing to support such port. Testers are important but not enough.

I could try to do it if I had instructions. But I’ve never did anything like that before.

In this case - believe me, this is not a good idea.

For compile instructions for PC see our wiki (wiki.vcmi.eu). But we can’t help with any Android-related stuff.

Ok, I’ll try to do something
There is a guy who already did it here 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopi … ry18809948
But it doesn’t work properly, It starts but when you choose map and press to play and press Begin it freezes
and log is here. May be you know what to do here and it is not a linux_for_android_tablet problem

android@localhost:~$ vcmiclient
Starting...
Creating console and logfile: 0
Loading settings: 60
VCMI 0.89 (client)
shm_open() failed: Permission denied
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:985:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to create IPC semaphore
Note: SDL suggests to use 16 bpp instead of24 bpp
New screen flags: 0
    Initializing screen: 220
Cannot open /usr/local/share/vcmi/Data/VIDEO.VID: failed opening file: No such file or directory
    Initializing video: 10
    Initializing minors: 0
Mix_OpenAudio error: No available audio device
Mix_OpenAudio error: No available audio device
    Initializing sound: 30
Initializing screen and sound handling: 30
Loading .lod files: 380
    General text handler: 90
    Hero handler: 150
    Artifact handler: 20
    Creature handler: 180
    Town handler: 100
    Object handler: 40
    Def information handler: 170
    Building handler: 20
    Spell handler: 20
Initializing VCMI_Lib: 1200
Screen handler: 10
Loading and transforming heroes' flags: 830
    Main graphics: 1000
Initializing game graphics: 0
Message handler: 10
Initialization of VCMI (together): 2530

Probably this discussion should be moved to some other place…

shm_open() failed: Permission denied

Something wrong with shared memory. Map loading will not work correctly.
What’s wrong? No idea. Try asking somebody familiar with both c++ and Android.

I also see sound and video playback errors but they should not be critical.

Besides, why does it access a shared memory at that point? We do use it but only for waiting for server (later).

It may be some issue with Boost. I don’t know how well Boost supports Android ATM but if I remember correctly, Pelya when building his port had also ported significant parts of it.

@Alkololo
After pressing start, client starts server and waits till it’s ready. Please check if VCMI_server is process started? Does it create VCMI_Server_log.txt (and if — what does it say)?

it is actually not just android but debian on arm tablet using linux-deploy apk
VCMI_Server_log.txt (14.2 KB)

OMG OMG
IT WORKS AFTER I TYPED SUDO VCMICLIENT
OMG
:unamused:

xkcd.com/149/

sudo make vcmi finished
:wink:

:mrgreen:

So I didn’t find a lot of lags there
the only thing (and it makes the game impossible to play) that I am not able to enter a castle, when I do it game stops working :frowning:
but saves and loads work, I can explore map and fight and collect resourses, I am also able to load a WOG campaign.
Here is my terminal log, may be you know what is the reason :blush:
terminal log.txt (2.72 KB)