Android port

wow this is a really cool preview of what’s to come. It runs pretty decent on Samsung Galaxy S II. I’m really looking forward to VCMI progressing further on the pc also, but there’s something special about playing heroes 3 on a touch screen.

:bulb: On that note, one thing that is difficult with the android port is how the mouse cursor is always underneath the finger on the screen. What would be awesome is if there was a VCMI feature that could be compiled in the android version to show a box or indication somewhere on screen of the state of the mouse cursor. This would be really useful when in combat and you’re trying to attack a creature from a certain direction, you really have to see what’s going on, or you accidentally just move instead of attacking which is frustrating.

Awesome work from all the developers involved, I can’t wait till VCMI reaches feature parity with the original game.

Hey everybody – sorry, I am a newbie:
just managed to install VCMI and HoMM3 + WOG on my Galaxy Note. It starts perfectly…I can start any single player game I want…but every time I try to end one turn, the game crashes and the same thing happens whenever I try to open a saved game ( any of the automatically created save games which are created before 1st turn). Please----any helping comment will be highly appreciated!!! :-))))

how did you install on SGS2? - details plz :wink:

where did you get your WOG from? every one i try gives an error while installing saying that some files may be bad. thanks

@nookie1129: you can get WoG from maps4heroes.com/heroes3/file … e_358f.zip

A little off topic, but I think we need to make a pinned thread on the forum index telling new comers that the Android port is not part of this project.
Just an idea to keep these kinds of threads from diluting the actual VCMI threads.

The funny thing is that Android version clearly tells that Peyla takes no response for the port and directs users to our board -.-

Actually I’m not sure a pinned thread is enough. Half of the Android threads were opened here in the Development section and half in Help & Bugs. So there’s a good chance Android-threads will still pop every now and then.

I’m wondering if it would be a good idea of not to create some sort of an “off-topic” section of the forum for it. We could call it “Android & other ports”, with a comment saying we don’t support them, but people are free to discuss them. With Peyla’s ‘product’ out there on the more and more popular Android market, I think we cannot hope for a decrease in these threads, and it would be a bit easier for me to just dump them there (if still created somewhere else) rather than take the time to merge or write locking messages.

But this is a call for Tow & TowDragon. If such section would look too much like a “garbage” section that they prefer not to have around, we could instead just pin this thread indeed, and then lock all others that pop up with a standard "For all Android-related questions please see ".

Hi guyz, I have samsung galaxy tab p1000 and I have a problem. When I try to load game, the game turns off, what’s the problem? Answer please on [email protected]

Hi G-way,

Please read previous discussions before posting questions on a new forum, to make sure you’re in the right place (to begin with) and that the question wasn’t answered before already.

In short: Android port is not currently supported. Read above for more details.

Is it possible to run this game on my phone Xperia X8? if yes how ?
Thanks in advance
Arraart

320 x 480 resolution and VCMI
"Does not compute"

Pelya stated that image is automatically rescaled by opengl to fit the device resolution, so it is not a blocker. Many text labels will be probably illegible though. CPU is also a bit slow… (cf [forum.vcmi.eu/t/low-fps-asus-eee-pad-trasformar-tf101/445/1) )

To run the game on your phone you should follow instructions from the android port developer market.android.com/details?id=eu.vcmi ]. The port is not an initiative of VCMI Team and we have no means of providing support for it.

I think it just can’t be playable on that small resolutions without specific UI and some other adjustments…

Well, It’s playable with video smoothing and if not, you may always use magnifying glass - when you configure it correctly it’s playable (excluding problems with saving etc.)

Hi guys

I got very excited when I read about HOMM3 on android here - androidpolice.com/2011/06/14 … ment-here/

Top work so far but very disappointed to find it’s not quite finished.

As others in this thread have found - game opens fine but crashes when either loading/saving or ending turn.

Fingers crossed one of you clever folks manages to complete VCMI and the android port!

Are you still working on port of this game? When it will released? I hope that will good port.

who said anybody from vcmi team was working on an android port? :question: :question: :question:

full complete files and wake of the gods all installed. entire folder copied to the specified folder, folliowing these instructions:

droidgamers.co…-still-required

and still not working. vcmi loads, goes straight back to home screen. HELP! :smiley: thanks

I strongly recommend READING this thread in first place. For example Tow’s post on this page.