VCMI 0.72d - development version

#10 - Resource cost for ships is not showing.
img22.imageshack.us/img22/3892/shipsy.th.jpg

#11 - Heroes on coast can not interact with heroes on ship (like exchange, probably battles as well)

#12 - In system options there is some problem with hints - it looks like VCMI can’t find appropriate text.
img22.imageshack.us/img22/435/mainmenud.th.jpg

#13 - Building a ship from city - ship is placed in wrong place (2 tiles on south)
img23.imageshack.us/img23/485/newship.th.jpg

I’ve checked issues that I’ve reported for previous versions:
#18 on 0.72c - After recruiting hero, on adventure map new hero is overlapped by town.
also tight formation in events-battles still present. (Loose formation needed)

#14 - I can retreat my only hero from battle, even though I have no castle. Game continues, but freezes on pass turn command.

ref.#05 - i’ve added the save, logs and screenshot

ref.#06 - saving setting for grids works only for games saved, if you start new map it’s also switch on. I’ve added info for this point in my previous post.

#15 Bug if you want to get into subterranean gate but hero movement is just finished. There apperes info “System message: Server encountered a problem: Hero don’t have any movement points left!”. Hero should be able to go through on the other side. Also “space” button doesn’t work. I’ve attached saved game if you need reproduce the bug.

img411.imageshack.us/img411/1166/bugheromovementfinished.th.jpg

#16 Bug - harpies are not able to fly behind the other units.
img43.imageshack.us/img43/2741/bug16harpiesnotfly.th.jpg

Some battle functionalities which Zamolxis mentioned in 0.62c - development version are still not implemented, should be added to tracker ie. cerberi two heads attack, point #16.Area attacks.
bug_hero movement finished.zip (208 KB)

[size=84]I’m not sure if missing features are to be added to the tracker as well (Tow/TowDragon pls confirm). But you can always add them to the Missing features & functionalities thread here on the forum. Though I guess things like multiple attacks for creatures are not a priority for the moment, as long as we still have bugs with normal attacks.[/size]

Testing and finding new bugs has definitely higher priority than moving existing ones from one place to another.

I’m disappointed with SF tracker (though it was rather Tow Dragon’s initiative, not mine), it consumes much more time than it saves. Maybe it would have sense if it was the only place of reporting bugs but IMHO forum is way more friendly place for it.

Nevertheless if someone has too much free time, feel free to add bugs from my post.
If noone does it, I’ll simply keep using my list for “tracking” 0.72+ bugs.

Okay, then I’ll focus more on testing, but still log some bugs every now and then. But for reporting - I’d prefer to start with the ones from 0.71(x) which are not yet fixed. Once I’m done with those - and after having worked a bit with SF - I’ll have a better idea if I want to go on logging bugs or just give up. :stuck_out_tongue: I can see SF has its advantages. But if I’d be forced to choose, I’d also pick the forum any day, which is a way more flexible place to report/analyze issues.

Yes, indeed. I thought it could save us some time (assembla’s bug tracker worked well because it was the only place for bugs) but it actually doesn’t. I think sf bug tracker should be closed.

Just to make sure what you meant by “closing”, the existing reports will remain accessible right? I’m asking because there are about 30 valid bugs in there which are not in Tow’s list above, so without SF we’d have to dig in 6 different old threads to find them back.

#17 Bug if you free hero from prison it is shown in information screen as first hero from the list. Attached save before and after hero is freed.
img57.imageshack.us/img57/2052/clipboard01a.th.jpg

But after you load the saved game freed hero goes on the top of the list and now old one is shown as freed hero.
img235.imageshack.us/img235/6863/clipboard02p.th.jpg

Map: Xathras Prize
bug_17_unprisoned hero.zip (144 KB)
bug_17_prisoned hero.zip (144 KB)

It won’t be closed/deleted. In worst case it’ll be abandoned (everything will stay on its places, only no new issues there).

Actually it was never used as a place for reporting bugs.

#18 Splitting stack in meeting screen and between garrisoned heroes - if you want to separate one unit from one hero stack to another hero and you push “1”, there automatically apears quantity equal 2. (not big deal but irritating).
Everything is ok if you do it bettwen garrison and hero or from hero with one stack to another hero.
img361.imageshack.us/img361/3440/splitingunitsgarrisoned.th.jpg

img369.imageshack.us/img369/5977/splitingunitsmeetingscr.th.jpg

Actually there are 73 tickets (bug reports / feature requests). See tools.assembla.com/vcmi/report/6 .

I suggest blocking the possibility of adding new bugs, although bugs already added should be visible. There is no point in using that tracker when it’s not the primary place for bug reports.

#19 Similar crash to crash #34 ver 072c. If hero is in windmill and you want to transfer creatures after meeting screen appears windmill screen and game crashes.

img356.imageshack.us/img356/7721/crash19.th.jpg

Attached saved game before the incident, you can reproduce the crash, and logs after crash.

#20 Bug - after you load saved game with hero in boat his is outside of the boat and can not move. (you can use the same attached saved game to reproduce the bug- hero Broghild)

img86.imageshack.us/img86/129/bug20savedgamewithheroi.jpg

#21 Sometimes game crashes during getting into town. It is not reproducible and I have only one set log files (attached)
img374.imageshack.us/img374/9089/crash21gettingintotown.th.jpg

EDIT: One more time. This time when I tried to get into town with hero Korbac (not reproducible)
img79.imageshack.us/img79/2230/crash21gettingintotownn.th.jpg
crash_21 getting into town_new.zip (139 KB)
crash_21 getting into town.zip (9.11 KB)
crash_19_heroes meeting in windmill.zip (179 KB)

It’s a bug in smpeg library. I’ll try releasing VCMI with another build.

Fixed.
(occurs only after game is loaded)

#22 - The yellow & blue (when hover) glow animations for creatures in battle should not fade out completely. You can check it in H3: the active and the hovered creature have a yellow, respectively blue contour outline which glows, but never totally disappears.

#23 - Imps can fly to/through battle obstacles.

To reproduce use Lord Haart in the attached saved game to attack the Imps. And try to place your troops behind the obstacles.

#24 - Crash after clicking during the intro video (with the purpose of skipping to the Main Menu). Not sure if relevant, but the click was somewhere in the lower right part of the Client. I couldn’t reproduce it though. Please see the attached logs.

#25 - Crash when trying to retreat from battle (not reproducible - see logs):

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090801-CrashWhenRetreating.jpg

Perhaps one important detail: I was listening to music in Winamp (5.56) while having the crashes above. I’m saying this because I think it’s not the first time when I have unreproducible crashes while Winamp is running in the background.
090801 - Imps can fly through battle obstacles.zip (108 KB)
090801 - Random crash at click to skip intro animation.zip (1.98 KB)
090801 - Crash when retreating.zip (2.87 KB)

#26 Flying creatures are flying through the other creatures on the battlefield (the graphics of the 2 creatures get mixed). In H3 they were always flying over the (graphics of the) passive creatures.

#27 Ballista cannot shoot if there’s an enemy creature next to it (maybe the same for Catapult). In H3 Ballista & Catapult were not losing their range abilities if an enemy was in the adjacent hex.

#28 Wrong Battle Casualties reported:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Zamolxis/VCMI/VCMI%2007/th_090801-WrongBattleCasualties.jpg

Only 1 Titan & 10 Storm E. reported, while you can already see 2 dead Titans in the background. In fact there were 3 Titans and 40 Storm E. that were killed.

You can reproduce all 3 bugs by attacking the Archangels at South-West with Sir Mullich in the map attached. And I’ve also added logs for #28 if necessary.
just testing.h3m (4.83 KB)
090801 - Wrong Battle Casualties.zip (3.9 KB)

It was not used as place for reporting bugs but for arranging roadmap and as remainder for some “to be solved later” issues. But even in that form it proved to be needless.

Hmm… if someone wants add some of the old bugs to the tracker I won’t have anything against. It’s easier for me to track bugs when they are in the tracker. It’s only not worth of our (or our testers’) time. But if someone has it…
Let it be.

Duplicate to that one, fixed.

Fixed.

As for the smpeg crashes (on entering town screen / battle screen / battle result window), please check if problem is still present in 0.73 (I’ve used different version of smpeg that reportedly has some fixes).

Probably fixed (as redundant clicks are now ignored).

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed AFAIK.

No, this is really special case. Sorry I didn’t describe it more accurate. You need to have only one stack in Hero Army and try to give him one (push “1”) creature from other stack.
I.e. in VCMI and in org Heroes
img11.imageshack.us/img11/9961/splitingstackvcmi.th.jpg img24.imageshack.us/img24/5817/splitingstackorgheroes.th.jpg

fixed