Congrats to the VCMI team!

The screenshots look promising, however I didn’t manage to open the Application.
Any special requirements to run?

Wog 3.58f, english version w/o patches

this is awesome, i am really looking forward to the point where the game will be fully playable. hopefully you’ll even find a way to add new playable towns. can’t wait for the next release

I am just too exited about this project! Heroes 3 is by far the best heroes there is and this will cover all the dissapointments of those new games. I could not eaven play HOMMV.

I hope they dont get any idea of trying to shut you down with legal issues.

Anyway big gongrats from me too. Exelent job so far, keep up the good work!
I’ll try to contribute as much as I can.

P.S Where are these projects orginated? Where are you from exactly?

Nobody has told us to abandon this project and I AFAIK VCMI is absolutely legal. Actually WoG could have more problems with legal issues (but doesn’t have ;]).

VCMI is being developed and currently we are making tests of new version with much improved towns and first parts of battles.

We are from Poland (and it’s why a part of this forum is in Polish).

Thats good to hear, its a shame how many good projects have fallen down.

However, after you are done with this. There will be no need of buying any new HOMM game.

@Temesta
there will be need to buy heroes -> original heroes3 for data and graphics
but there’s no problem, but as you read the team of vcmii are developing the engine only

@bout programming
I can create programs in c++ (with some limits) i can write very base lua and i’d like to help

PS: I’m polish too (i’m from poland), but always i’m runseeking english-typing forums

:edit:
i have forgotten to say great work and good luck

Just wanted you guys to know that I’m a big fan of both heroes3 and your project. I check your webpage every now and then to see if you’ve made progress. This is probably my only post here, so I just want to say that there are people waiting for your project to develop and respect your effort, even though they don’t post here.

I wish you succes and a lot of fun with this! Chears!

Thanks for support! :slight_smile:

I am trying to download the wogification for my Heroes 3 game. I can’t find it anywhere except places where I have to pay for it. I thought it was free. Can someone help me please?

Brutus

Hi Brutus & welcome to the board. :slight_smile:

WoG is indeed free. Here you can find the main package (3.58f). The allinon1.zip archive should be enough. You need to install it over the English version of H3Complete or Shadow of Death.

Additionally - but not necessarily - you can also install some of the extra packages in that link above: extra_bf.wog (new battlefield backgrounds) and video_full.wog (some videos for the campaigns - however the campaigns are still incomplete). These will not interfere with VCMI. The 3rd optional archive there - erm_tools.wog - can be installed, but about this I can’t guarantee anymore that once you start using ERM scripts, they won’t interfere with VCMI (Tow or Tow dragon will have to confirm this). What I do recommend to also install if you want, would be the 3.58f Script Update. If you feel like also exploring WoG first, this corrects quite a number of bugs - and again, it does not interfere with VCMI.

Anyway, whether you install the additional packages or only the main one, see first that WoG is working fine on your machine, and then you can go ahead and install the last VCMI release. Let us know if you have issues with any installation.

Cheers.

Thank you for the help but that site says I have to pay when I try to download it.

Oh, sorry. It used to be free for so long… I didn’t know they changed it. Let me have a look around to see if it’s anywhere still for free, otherwise I’ll see if I can’t send it to you myself somehow.

My regular email is [email protected] if you need to send it to me directly.

I tried to attach only the 1st part of the archive (8MB) to a mail but seems to be taking ages, so this doesn’t seem like a good idea. :slight_smile:

But I checked that link you say it asks to pay and I see it also has a “Register for Free” option in the left panel. I know it’s pretty grayed out (in the hope that ppl with credit cards miss it:)), but it’s there. I recommend you use that one, as it’s in English so easier to follow.

If you want to skip the free registration process, but instead catch up with your Hungarian :wink: you can alternately use this link. Main package would be WoG INSTALL, and then you can also have WoG videó & WoG extra díszítés (=bf backgrounds). For the 3.58f Script Update, you should have no problem with the 2nd link in my initial post.

Let me know if it all worked out. :slight_smile:

AFAIK they don’t interfere with VCMI. If they do, please let me know.

I want to avoid opening a new thread just for this, but I’d like to congratulate (and thank) Tow, TowDragon & Ubuntux for the latest build (0.71b) and for what I see that will be there in 0.72. I know there’s still a long way, but with more and more skills, map objects & artifacts supported, plus the support for sounds, the game is starting to look and feel more like a “beta” that would appeal to way more testers than when 0.54/55 were released and announced on most Heroes forums across the community.

I wonder if it’s not already the time for another round of promoting the project on the HoMM forums. I bet we’ll have way less users frustrated because the project is “not playable enough” and probably will bring us a new wave of testers. We can do that with 0.72. Or depending on your time (i.e.: exams coming soon?), you can see when is a better moment to handle a potential big wave of new testers. :slight_smile:

Thanks, all that progress wouldn’t be possible without your help :slight_smile:

That’s why I’mless active last days. They are terribly soon…
I have the first exam (Physics) on the upcoming Saturday. The next one (Matrix calculus and differential equations) is on Tuesday.
After that, if everything goes right, I’ll have much time for VCMI. :slight_smile:
(There is also C++ exam but it shouldn’t be problem, since VCMI is written in C++ :slight_smile: )

I did notice you were not so much around lately and thought it must be that… Best of luck with the exams then! :wink:

Congratulations!!!
THANKS!!!