VCMI for macOS

Ok problem with Boost library were caused by fact that none of our executables now use “boost-test”, but it’s dependency was still put into the bundle while CMake failed to find what executable need that library. Fixed it by removing it:
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/commit/1b9 … feb27d7757

Sadly can’t fix problem with CMake and BundleUtilities, not many answers are there:
stackoverflow.com/questions/356 … pplication

All I can find is “don’t use bundle utility for Qt” :slight_smile:

UPD: Nice guy @l2y on #qt IRC pointed me to this Kitware project:
github.com/OpenChemistry/avogadroapp
I’ll try to reuse their Qt deployment for VCMI.

Okay all other comments will be on github:
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/351

Starting of game still crashing because of some issues with AI, but builds should have all needed deps for client ans sever bundles:
builds.vcmi.download/PR/351/macOS/

Warning: oops! they pretty much broken for anyone except me. Still require some work!

First new automatically created macOS build is available here:
builds.vcmi.download/PR/362/mac … d0eb65.dmg
As soon as I finish my work on packaging it’s will be merged into upstream builds!

Keep in mind you need to manually extract “Data”, “mp3” and “Maps” folders into:

~/Library/Application\ Support/vcmi/

Also there are crashes I didn’t have time to look at yet, but it’s possible to play a bit, AI working, etc.

UPD: Tested Mac vs Mac multiplayer, works nicely so far.
Mac (Clang) + Windows (MSVC) + Linux (GCC) able to join lobby, but then freeze on start. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok now builds are fixed for sure and should soon appear here:
builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/macOS/

latest 0.99 nightly build on macOS 11.12.6
Unable to change resolution other than 800x600
And instruction? Thanks

Yes, add vcmi essential files from here https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Mod_list#Utilities

As @misiokles posted for now you need to download them manually and unpack them into:

~/Library/Application\ Support/vcmi/Mods/

In about a month it’s should become possible to install these mods from launcher.

Thanks for the instruction, it works!

Hello… Anyway to get work on OSX 10.10.4 (Yosemite)… or must be complie on Yosemite… and If I complie it should work on Yosemite? and dipendences?

Hello. I figured out my old problem but now I got a new one so I edited this post.

I can’t cast damaging spells. It just says “Unknown problem with this spell. No more information available.”

No further information in the client. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am experiencing the same issue with spells (“Unknown problem with this spell. No more information available.”) using build VCMI-branch-develop-b2faf30.dmg (05-Mar-2018 19:28).

Neither direct damage spells work (magic arrow) nor indirect (fire wall). Other spells seem to work just fine.

You are not using any mods? Right?

I’ll test it in my macOS VM as soon as I get some free time.

No, no mods.

Thanks for report. I can confirm problem actually exists. and added bug report here:

I’ll able to work on problem for sure in about a week since running xcode / qt creator in VM on my laptop might be little too slow.

Ok just in case we find out why exactly problem occur and it’s should be possible to resolve it fairly soon.

UPD: Fixed:

Hello everyone!

I am running Mac OS 10.15.4 - found info on reddit that the latest VCMI should allow the game to run my system. I have an install folder, copied all the Data, Maps and MP3 folders as instructed, yet the game doesnt start after clicking “start game” in the launcher. What would be helpful to post here to find a possible solution?

Thanks in advance - and respect for the efforts to keep this gem going :).

Cheers!

b.

Build instructions are rather outdated:

• it should be sufficient to install just Xcode command line tools
  • there’s no need to install git from homebrew because it’s already provided by Xcode (and with Xcode command line tools as well iirc)
  • brew install sdl2_mixer –with-smpeg2 is no longer possible. Instead I followed this approach: https://github.com/veandco/go-sdl2/issues/299#issuecomment-611681191
  • it’s not required to install Qt with homebrew if you used Qt Installer, just point PATH to bin of your Qt directory

Build issues I faced.

• Cmake warnings that don’t fail build (might be already known):
log
-- Checking for module 'minizip'
--   Found minizip, version 1.2.11
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:426 (message):
  The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (MINIZIP)
  does not match the name of the calling package (Minizip).  This can lead to
  problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables
  (e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_modules/FindMinizip.cmake:70 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:218 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:426 (message):
  The package name passed to `find_package_handle_standard_args` (FL) does
  not match the name of the calling package (FuzzyLite).  This can lead to
  problems in calling code that expects `find_package` result variables
  (e.g., `_FOUND`) to follow a certain pattern.
  cmake_modules/FindFuzzyLite.cmake:54 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  AI/CMakeLists.txt:12 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
-- Could NOT find FL (missing: FL_LIBRARIES FL_INCLUDE_DIRS) 
  • cpack is unable to build dmg:
log
❯ cpack -C Debug
CPack: Create package using DragNDrop
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install project: VCMI [Debug]
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/vcmilauncher", "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/AI/libBattleAI.dylib", "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/AI/libEmptyAI.dylib", "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/AI/libStupidAI.dylib", "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/AI/libVCAI.dylib", "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/libvcmi.dylib")
ERROR: no file at "/usr/lib/libvcmi.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/QtWidgets_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtWidgets_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Resources"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  points to "5"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/QtNetwork_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtNetwork_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/minizip/lib/libminizip.1.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libminizip.1.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/sdl2/lib/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_date_time-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_date_time-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_locale-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_locale-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_chrono-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_chrono-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_program_options-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_system-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_thread-mt.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libboost_thread-mt.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/QtGui_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtGui_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/QtCore_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtCore_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicudata.67.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libicudata.67.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.67.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libicui18n.67.dylib"
Log:  copied: "/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicuuc.67.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks//libicuuc.67.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying plugins from "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/platforms/libqcocoa_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/platforms/libqcocoa_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/platforms/libqcocoa_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtDBus.framework/Versions/5/QtDBus_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Versions/5/QtDBus_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtDBus.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtDBus.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/QtDBus_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtDBus_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/QtPrintSupport_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/QtPrintSupport_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/QtPrintSupport_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtPrintSupport_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/Current"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/printsupport/libcocoaprintersupport_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/printsupport/libcocoaprintersupport_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/printsupport/libcocoaprintersupport_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/styles/libqmacstyle_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/styles/libqmacstyle_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/styles/libqmacstyle_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/bearer/libqgenericbearer_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/bearer/libqgenericbearer_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/bearer/libqgenericbearer_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqgif_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqgif_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqgif_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqicns_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqicns_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqicns_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqico_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqico_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqico_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqjpeg_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqjpeg_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqmacheif_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqmacheif_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqmacheif_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqmacjp2_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqmacjp2_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqmacjp2_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqtga_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqtga_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqtga_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqtiff_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqtiff_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqtiff_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqwbmp_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqwbmp_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqwbmp_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats/libqwebp_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqwebp_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/imageformats/libqwebp_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/plugins/iconengines/libqsvgicon_debug.dylib"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/iconengines/libqsvgicon_debug.dylib"
Log:
Log: Deploying Qt frameworks found inside: ("/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns/iconengines/libqsvgicon_debug.dylib")
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/QtSvg_debug"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/QtSvg_debug"
Log: copy: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtSvg.framework/Resources" "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/Resources"
Log:  copied: "/Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtSvg.framework/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/Resources/Info.plist"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/QtSvg_debug"
Log:  points to "Versions/Current/QtSvg_debug"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Resources"
Log:  symlink "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/Current"
Log: Created configuration file: "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/Resources/qt.conf"
Log: This file sets the plugin search path to "/Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/vcmi-0.99/VCMI.app/Contents/PlugIns"
CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:454 (message):
  otool -l failed: 1

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump:
  error: '@rpath/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug': No such file or
  directory

/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:523 (get_item_rpaths)
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:645 (set_bundle_key_values)
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:930 (get_bundle_keys)
  /Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/osx/cmake_install.cmake:50 (fixup_bundle)
  /Volumes/hdd/dev/vcmi-build/cmake_install.cmake:68 (include)

CPack Error: Error when generating package: VCMI

Failure to start Launcher:

log
❯ ./vcmilauncher 
objc[26679]: Class QMacAutoReleasePoolTracker is implemented in both /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x114c316b0) and /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x111a331e8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[26679]: Class QT_ROOT_LEVEL_POOL__THESE_OBJECTS_WILL_BE_RELEASED_WHEN_QAPP_GOES_OUT_OF_SCOPE is implemented in both /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x114c31728) and /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x111a33260). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[26679]: Class KeyValueObserver is implemented in both /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x114c31750) and /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x111a33288). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[26679]: Class RunLoopModeTracker is implemented in both /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x114c317a0) and /Volumes/hdd/Applications/Qt/5.13.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x111a332d8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
ASSERT failure in QVariant: "Trying to clear an unknown type", file kernel/qvariant.cpp, line 1426
fish: './vcmilauncher' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Solution is to launch like this:

DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX=_debug ./vcmilauncher

I’ve been using macOS 10.14.6, Cmake 3.19.2, Xcode 11.3.1, Qt 5.13.1

Hi! Thanks for all you work! The games launches fine for me but when I want to start a game (either single- or multiplayer), I get a memory error:

Process:               vcmiclient [90315]
Path:                  /Applications/VCMI.app/Contents/MacOS/vcmiclient
Identifier:            vcmiclient
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-11-23 18:59:12.6852 +0100
OS Version:            macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     7.0 (20P420)
Anonymous UUID:        716D7E9E-9BEF-6723-305A-E40E7D236AAC

Sleep/Wake UUID:       E5A2C345-6DA3-4E40-A9D1-53AAD1417A5B

Time Awake Since Boot: 220000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       1746 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        16

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000070
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000070

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [90315]

VM Region Info: 0x70 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 140737487425424
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
--->  
      shared memory            7ffffff1d000-7ffffff1e000 [    4K] r-x/r-x SM=SHM  

Thread 0::  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	    0x7ff808c200ce __semwait_signal + 10
1   libsystem_c.dylib             	    0x7ff808b34b4a nanosleep + 196
2   vcmiclient                    	       0x10707451e SDL_Delay_REAL + 94
3   vcmiclient                    	       0x106bfced9 CFramerateManager::framerateDelay() + 57

I’m using the latest Mac OS. Any clue on how to fix this?