Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
Help with town editing
Draeganfire 

Posted: 2017-05-27, 01:03   

no problem. If you run into problems let us know, I'll be watching this thread :-)

misiokles 

Posted: 2017-05-27, 09:55   

VampMarcie wrote:
***UPDATE***

I got it working! Well, kinda. I left this for a bit but recently downloaded the Amethyst Chinese town and dug around the files. I changed the building ID from 43 or 44 to 50, added a few placeholder spaces in the townhall.def file and I could recruit my Sorceresses! Only issue now is that their building is always built in the town and they are recruited from the Doomknight/Dreadlord Pit (Juggernaut Pit). So glad it's working, just need to see if I can get them to be recruited separately!

It's obvious, because id 50 is hardcoded/reserved for second upgrade of tier7. So technically, your Sorceresses are kind of Dreadnoughts upgrades.

Draeganfire 

Posted: 2017-06-01, 09:01   

HEY!!! I was thinking about your earlier post about the 8th level dwelling. If you were to create the dwelling as just a random dwelling within your mod, you might be able to get around that problem. there are plenty of mod creatures that are neutral and not necessarily attached to a town........

Anyone have a yea or nay on that???? let us know!

VampMarcie 
Vampire Queen

Posted: 2017-06-28, 17:05   

Draeganfire wrote:
HEY!!! I was thinking about your earlier post about the 8th level dwelling. If you were to create the dwelling as just a random dwelling within your mod, you might be able to get around that problem. there are plenty of mod creatures that are neutral and not necessarily attached to a town........

Anyone have a yea or nay on that???? let us know!

I've implemented the dwelling which comes up as a level 7 if you were to put it in using the standard map editor, by which I mean: if you had two Random Lvl 7 generators set to be the same faction as a random town (but select the Oblivion town in game), it has a 50/50 chance to be somewhere to recruit Sorceresses OR Doomknights. Annoyingly, the VCMI Editor just crashes or the game doesn't allow me to run the VMAP files without crashing upon clicking one in the map select screen so I can't try anything on a VMAP. That goes even if I get rid of all my mods except the base VCMI folder, so testing for me has been a bit of RNG!

On another note, I've added a few spells and artifacts in submods which I can release! Currently the spells are mixed in with Warmonger's Spells but I can just take them out ^^ and the artifacts seem to be working just fine. I kinda want to make a few more before I release them, though. I'll keep you posted on those!

I was also wondering if it'd ever be possible to add another school of magic somehow? I've browsed the config files and can't find anything to do with a magic school but I have a spell that'd fit into a "Dark" school or something. Just a thought...

misiokles 

Posted: 2017-06-28, 20:06   

New mods are coming! Cool!
Quote:
I've added a few spells and artifacts in submods which I can release! Currently the spells are mixed in with Warmonger's Spells but I can just take them out

It's better not mixing spells to not confuse players. It's better make another spell mod or send your work to Warmonger. If he'll likes it, maybe he put them to the next New Old Spell update.
But, new mod appraoches!! :)

Reply to topic