VCMI 0.99 released!

nods I see. I missed that thread, but as I only speak and read English that might be why. :stuck_out_tongue: Another thing I like is with the random generator, the map has towns that aren’t player towns on the map too, so it’s possible to play more armies than 8 anyway. I actually have ideas for a scenario using the vcmi map editor 1024 x 1024 map that would utilize many town types. Some improvements need to happen in map editor first though, so its a back burner project atm…I may set up a separate topic chain at a point in the near future to discuss as well.

Random maps are (and always have been) based on templatres. Of course there are no templates for more than 8 players, so it’s another issue to overcome.

Think you might have misunderstood…when I said its possible to have more than 8 armies I only meant because a random town on a map will pull up from the available pools of towns in your game. Here for example I made a small map for two players. If you place player one as any town but castle, and player two as any town but tower, when the game starts it will start you with two towns, one castle and one the you chose for player one, then one tower and the one you chose for player two. Then if you recruit a hero and run him due south from between your two towns you will see various random towns… hence by the time you have conquered all the towns you end up witm multiple armies…sometimes more than 8 types within one scenario.

mediafire.com/file/qx96vmc2y … omtowntest

Hi,

I’m trying to launch VCMI_launcher.exe through wine on Linux. I currently have HD mod which is working great. However when I try to launch the VCMI I get the error:

“VCMI has crashed. We are sorry. File with information about encountered problem has been created.”

Could you please help me run it?

Why Wine? Run native Linux build.

Is daily builds still avaible? Because I can’t find any current build.

Probably it is a good idea to link some linux downloads for release post :

Fe. Ubuntu daily builds : launchpad.net/~vcmi/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Ubuntu linked.

Daily builds for Windows are currently broken due to Coverity fails :frowning:

When or how long until this is fixed?

Greetings from Romania.

Wonderful work you have done here, i am happy too see people do not let this game die.

I can see that WOG options are not working, you are working on his ?

Keep doing with this fantastic work

I can’t seem to change the language… what can i do?

Change language? For full english or your native?

Just so that it is in English, i do actually read Russian but very slowly so would prefer English. I tried to change fronts, delete the russian version in the Doc/wog folder, tried the russian translator in the laucher (bugs out and closes down)…

Just delete ‘russian translation’ folder under wog/mods directory.

okay now it works, but for some reason the game crashes on launch when I launch in 1080p, Could this be the same problem that Adobe has on HiRez pc screens? I have a 4k touchscreen and no resolution works except the 800/600

Higher resolutions are available but you must enable VCMI essential files in launcher. WARNING: don’t click update vcmi essential files. This feature must be enabled, only not updated.

Hi , is there any other thread, where i could get help with building this project from source on mac? I am new to developing software on osx and building the binaries from source is not working for me when following the official instructions on wikipedia…
Thx
Z.

Hello zangaar. The best choice is to join vcmi channel at slack.
https://slack.vcmi.eu/

There you can talk with vcmi devs (recently one of them made some progress with mac port.