Help with mods - questions

@val-gaav

I have been using Paint.net and it actually gives the coordinates of where the mouse icon is pointing at the bottom of the program screen, so I imagine most art programs have similar options built in

Yes GIMP has this too, Misiokles posted screenshot of GIMP BTW.

I simply expected this to be very hard to do, and didn’t notice easy solution that was right there.

I only noticed Paint.net after you asked the question…lol…so don’t feel bad, I wasn’t picking on you

Hard to say, because we have only one (ufinished) town using full (800x374) png transparency files. Check Silaneo’s Necro Town:
heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p … 1358#focus

I edited most these png’s by cutting them to smaller “rectangles” files, and slowdown reduced dramatically! But you must test it by yourself.

What is difference betweend Dispel and dispelHelpfull spell? A what is difference between SPECIAL_PECULIAR_ENCHANT, SPECIAL_BLESS_DAMAGE, SPECIAL_SPELL_LEV and SPECIFIC_SPELL_DAMAGE ?

dispelHelpfull is Dragonfly’s ability, which dispells only positive spells.

SPECIAL_PECULIAR_ENCHANT is or peculiar enchantment spells as stated in Strategija:

And so on.

SPECIAL_BLESS_DAMAGE is Adela’s ability

But can work with other spells too.

SPECIAL_SPELL_LEV is Solmyr & pals bonus.

SPECIFIC_SPELL_DAMAGE is flat % damage bonus as Ciele and Luna.

So, all there four commands work with other spells, right?

Hey new problem… Our town has a structure built on the castle called Awakening. I had wanted it to have the ability to unlock a secondary upgrade to each of the seven monster tiers, but it seems there may be some coding issues with trying to do that with just the one structure as opposed to having to add to each dwelling structure. Any suggestions?

What does “unlock a secondary upgrade” mean? Where upgraded creatures to be hired if:

• upgraded dwelling is built
  • upgraded dwelling is not built or even disabled

by "unlocking " I only meant the Awakening would make available the secondary upgrade. In essence the Awakening structure would add an additional upgrade to each creature. Sorry sometimes things sound simpler in my head than in type.

So it adds 7 more creatures or one more independent population of existing upgrdes?

7 more, one for each dwelling.

You may try add 7 more dwelling buildings (without structures - invisible) with “auto” build mode, each depends on basic dwelling and Awakening.

Sounds like an idea!!! Thanks!

Is there a way to write a spell that works only for NON_LIVING creatures?

Use absoluteLimit: {"NON_LIVING" : true}

Thanks AVS. Spell format is most difficult for me and I’m slowly learning it. So one more question: Arrow Towers are set as ‘special’ creatures, so it is posiible to write a bonus that would be ‘heal’ towers?
Something like:

"healTowers":
		{
			"type": "HP_REGENERATION",
			"val" : 50,
			"subtype" : 1,
			"duration": "N_TURNS",
			"limiters": [ {
			"type":"CREATURE_TYPE_LIMITER",
			"parameters": [ "arrowTower", false ]
					} ]
	}

This should work, but was never tested such way.

Last question (for now:)) Is the a way to ‘ressurect’ or ‘animate’ non-living creatures? In bonus list I can’t see any [configurable] raising bonus for any creature (don’t count deamon summoning).

There is no hard limit on non-living creature revive, however there is no way to add new resurrection spell. May be I implement configurable resurrection in PR359