"Could not create a random map that fits current choice

And you are sure that it works properly? Generator created map but without any roads, mines were not guarded even by 1-lvl creatures. I was reading that it will be creating ( in VCMI 0.98 ) better maps ( more playable ) than in normal Heores or in Wog. Maybe i must to change my settings? Or it’s just a project in work, not finished yet?

Roads were added in 0.98c.

Mine guards depend on RMG settings. Rules are identical as in OH3.

Ok. So if I will download 0.98f problem will disappear? 0.98f has all enhancements implemented in older versions? Sorry for question out of topic but only thing that i must to do is to extract VCMI 0.98f to folder with Heroes? Or in Mods Folder?

Here’s the pack of good rmg templates. Maybe someone who is skilled with vcmi code will make new ports…
toheroes.com/h3maps/Random.htm
legendyheroes.uzza.pl/download-templates.html

Info frm main site:
*Installation

We recommend you first make a copy of clean Heroes Complete / Shadow of Death folder. Extract VCMI zip package there.
WoG is not needed. All recommended mods and files can be downloaded via Launcher included in the package.*

That’s mean that there is a possibility even to ownload newversions of VCMI by Launcher? Where can I do it?

Or I must to extract each new version on clean heroes and delete heroes with older version?

need help Old Forge Town ported from v0.96 to v0.98 yadi.sk/d/XhRgZmdCxmSHU random map generator is not working how to fix housing

Lastet build VCMI+Hmm3SOD
Cant create random maps
"Could not create a random map that fits current choices."

UPD
Huuh :slight_smile: At last all works) Do not right install VCMI
what i do

1. Make copy dir Homm3 complete or SOD
  2. Extract there VCMI 0.99
  3. Extract there too with overwrite last daily builds for Windows
  4. All work good Thanks! :slight_smile:

Could you try to generate any random map with 7 players?

all works exept 7 :stuck_out_tongue:

Same problem with 0.99 here.

Did a clean install with vcmibuilder --gog. Is this a vcmibuilder bug?

If it’s any help, VCMI says:

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
File <unknown> is not a valid JSON file!
At line 21, position 2 warning: Comma expected!
At line 36, position 1 warning: Comma expected!

File <unknown> is not a valid JSON file!
At line 21, position 2 warning: Comma expected!
At line 36, position 1 warning: Comma expected!

which is apparently because of the missing comma at the end of line 20 in repository.json

and later on

No templates found for 38:1
No templates found for 49:1
No templates found for 70:0
No templates found for 79:7
No templates found for 90:1
No templates found for 100:1
No templates found for 103:1
No templates found for 113:1
No templates found for 172:0
No templates found for 186:0
No templates found for 189:0

Also “VCMI essential files” mod is 0.98? The launcher says it is installed already, but I can’t find the files that comes with the VCMI essential files mod anywhere (checked /usr/share/vcmi, ~/.local/share/vcmi and ~/.config/vcmi). I manually downloaded & extracted in under ~/.local/share/vcmi/Mods/, but it didn’t fix the issue.

You need the defaultTemplates mod that you can find in the Windows package… You can’t generate any kind of random map with this template but 4 players Medium for instance works for me.

For VCMI essential files I don’t know what your issue is but the linux package also lacks extraRes and bonusIcons, you can all the same grab them from the windows package

hi!

Could you guys help me how can i use the random map templates? I wanna use hot seat multiplayer (3 player+few AI-s) but i cant seem to figure it out, it always says could not create random map. I can make rmg.json files with the python script tool but dont know where to put it, it doesnt show up on the launcher nor in the game (i tried to make jevus cross work since it has on option of 4 players).

I found the default template mods and added ‘mines’ to it, but it still cant create a random map :confused: is it even possible to play hot seat with more than two players?

Please describe how you’ve added your template to template pack.

i used to python script to make a json file, and put it in the h3modtemplate and the other template folder inside the config folder where the other json files are. Then i added its path to the main json file of the mod (to both template mods)

1. Download and install vcmi essential files from here https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Mod_list#Utilities
  2. Inside you’ll find dozens of rmg jsons that allow you to play with more than 2 players (jebus cross as well).
  3. There are some restrictions: water can’t be generated and you can’t choose 5 players (this can be fixed manually).

do you have a selector in-game where you can select the template? i think i have it installed from the launcher, so i have it :confused: (but i cant select a template when creating a random map - in hd mod i can) also it says only for non-windows user, does it mean it doesnt work for the operating system windows or is it something else?

i found out what was the problem, some templates were disabled for some reason… thanks anyways :slight_smile: is it possible to create a 3 vs 3 or 3 vs anything with only 2 teams? i could make maps like 2-2-1-1 and 2-3-1 but not 3-something

I think we can use only these commands to create randoms maps. https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Random_map_template
You should study existing templates and learn json format by trial-and-error method :confused:
And no, user-selecteable templates are not implemented yet. So you must disable all template except yours to test them.

Thanks, i experimented with it a lot, but i couldnt create what i originally wanted, ended up playing in different configurations. I guess l’ll wait until other templates are implemented :slight_smile: