VCMI 0.99 released!

Hi guys,
Changed computers and all the mess, finally decided to reinstall VCMI and try out 0.99!

I encounter a problem I didn’t before, for a reason I couldn’t identify I can’t up the resolution, console tells me “Selected resolution 1920x1080 was not found! Falling back to 800x600”

I did install the Highres menu Mod from launcher though, I am sure it’s something stupid from my side, any hint?

Try this trick: launch game in 800x600 setting (windowed, not full screen), next start any scenario, go to Options window, and there change resolution and click Full Screen button.

Thanks, I already tried this, 800x600 is the only res available from there, can’t do a thing.

So, another ‘trick’. Instal VCMI 0.99, try launch game. Then download last daily build and replace it over v0.99 files (not clean H3) and try again lauch game.
vcmi.arseniyshestakov.com/windows/

To be sure - I hope that ‘VCMI essential files’ submod “Extra resolutions” is enabled in launcher!

Aha that’s it, no I don’t have it. I got the core files from here. Where can I find the good package?

Ok it’s here dropbox.com/sh/fwor43x5xrgz … s/vcmi.zip

The other package I got from installation page has extra res and bonusicons missing.

In the meantime I tried some stuff and now I got crash, will do a clean reinstall later and hope it works this time.

Thanks for the help!

Ah, you are using linux version, I use windows version, so I can’t help you :frowning:

Yeah from source, but aside this everything seemed to work fine so it’s probably because of the incomplete package, I’ll try again later and let know how things go.

Thanks again for your help

OK I’ve been playing a bit and everything seems to work, much stuff since last time, have to catch up. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

when I hit the download link I get redirected to dropbox offering a vcmi_099.rar. But that seems to be the windows version since its packed with dll and exe files.

I cannot find the 0.99 linux binaries, can you please tell for the blind and dumb where to find them?

Olive

wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Ins … n_on_Linux

You also need the core files from the link I posted above though, then just add Extrares and bonusicons to Mods folder.

Thanks for your quick response. Do I still need an original HOMM III CD? Or just the core.zip?

Best regards,

Olive

Yes you will need the H3 Data files, you can install them with vcmibuilder like it says in the wiki.

wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Ins … data_files

Alright, so it boils down to getting a copy of the original game.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Best,

Olive

There also chance you can use assets from demo:
[forum.vcmi.eu/t/support-for-demo-versions/1079/1)

Though we need some mod to disable everything that is not present in it.

guys, thanks for this great work!

Took 0.99 and proceed for tests

Uh, you don’t have an original h3? :open_mouth:
You can get it for less than 10 bucks on gog when is not on sale.

I have downloaded vcmi 0.99 and am very happy so far. The random scenario actually works, and that is with me running 9 town mods!! I am now hoping for a working update to map editor, and have some things I would like to see in it if anyone would like constructive imput from an unskilled fan!!!

All in all I love VCMI and have already spent countless hours playing. Thank you to EVERYONE who has put in such wonderful work~

PS: One question. On Heroes Community site there are two wonderful looking projects, Romanian Town and Oasis Town. Anyone know how those are coming along for VCMI? I would be more than willing to volunteer my time to playtest them if needed.

Oasis is planned straight to VCMI version. Abour Romanian Town - first version was released for ERA platform and I assume that new version will be for ERA to. But event that, there’s still possibility that someone make VCMI port of this town. And new towns are not the only interesting mods in development. New alternatives and New upgrades are interesting too!