VCMI 0.99 released!

These files are in git.

github.com/vcmi/vcmi/blob/devel … cSelC.json
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/blob/devel … /vcmi1.png

BTW for anyone who’s visiting us just the first time you can follow project on social networks too:
facebook.com/VCMIOfficial
twitter.com/VCMIOfficial
plus.google.com/b/1034471203474 … 7426041519

And not really social networks:
steamcommunity.com/groups/VCMI
reddit.com/r/vcmi/
moddb.com/engines/vcmi

There also page in Russian:
vk.com/VCMIOfficial

Package fixed - mods and map icon.

Map icon has wrong files.
“ScSelC.json” - is XHTML junk (saved web page?)

should be:

{
        "basepath" : "mapFormatIcons/",
	"images" :

{ "group" : 1, "frame" : 0, "file" : "vcmi1.png"}
	]
}

“vcmi1.png” - wrong directory should be in “mapFormatIcons/” subdirectory

Well congratz on releasing 0.99 sadly when i tried it, it crashed so that was not fun. Full clean install and installed only hota and hd menu mod and it just crashed so am i having bad luck or is there a miss somewhere?

Just one question do you guys test if before releasing it?

Try latest daily build:
vcmi.arseniyshestakov.com/windows/
My firend told me, that in version 0.99 launcher didn’t launch. In daily builds version all it’s ok (he has old PC with Win XP).

Fixed again. For some reason git doesn’t want to update these files for me.

As usual, everything works here. What is the error message?

The error message is:
cannot open interprocess memory
reason: 0xe06d7363 uknown exception at 0023:76;ba9,6c2
thread id: 3784.
crash info.

Did you run as admin?

yes and still a crash

Restart system, there is is bug with boost if uptime is too long.

Restart likely wouldn’t help. At least it’s not help to @povelitel at all. Proper solution would be to get rid of shared memory completely here since client able to shutdown server without it.

Issue on bug tracker here: #2560

Only real workaround is start VCMI_Server.exe separately (it’s will not NOT crash) and then VCMI_Client.exe with “-d” or “–donotstartserver” flag. Then client will just use what’s given.

Also release shipped with SDL 2.0.3, which is not that stable. For me 2.0.4 works much better.

Also this release shipped with opengl32.dll, which causes game to misbehave, for example on my PC it causes problems when switching between fullscreen and windowed mode.

avg internet security 2016 doesn’t like vcmi_server.exe and still remove it… :neutral_face:

Yes, it does for me as well. But it should allow you to choose ignore it :bulb:

Hello

I found information about the VMCI project today, as I was looking in to more information about fan made “mods” and alike for HOMM3. I’ve been a loyal player of H3 and H3 WOG for as long as I can remember.

However, when I try the VCMI today I encounter several issues

1. Game is in russian. Can not change by any of the mods. The problem comes when installing package: WoG
  2. WoG options not available in game. Can not set up WoG as the button for WoG setup is not responding.
  3. XXL maps from HOTA is not available. Is this something that will be implemented?

I’ve tried to find this information elsewhere, but with limited luck. Hope you have an answer for this. Good luck

Regards, Cries

1. Disable russian translation, which is WoG submod.
  2. That’s correct.
  3. Game can load maps of any size, but HoTA maps are not supported yet. Hopefully some day they will.

Warmonger, I forgot to tell you about that RMG templates pack I sent you once, remember? Can you repack VCMI package and replace existing templates with it? Sorry about that.

Hi guys,
Changed computers and all the mess, finally decided to reinstall VCMI and try out 0.99!

I encounter a problem I didn’t before, for a reason I couldn’t identify I can’t up the resolution, console tells me “Selected resolution 1920x1080 was not found! Falling back to 800x600”

I did install the Highres menu Mod from launcher though, I am sure it’s something stupid from my side, any hint?