Development build 0.98g

Okay, I’m back. What exactly needs testing?

Regression testing as usual.

With lots of recent changes and improvements, I think it’s time to release 0.99 this month. We can skip editor for a while and show people much more stable and complete game.

@Warmonger, you should review github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/220, after that we should freeze feature addition and major refactoring until release.

I agree it’s time to have somewhat stable release, but still really want to merge sound changes as well:
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/195

Other than that there is a few freezing / blocking issues I wish to address, but they are less critical since some are not easy to fix.

SXX, is github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/195 finished?

No it’s not yet finished, but I’ll work on it in few next days.

Another problem is fact that I merged this branch:
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/214
It’s sadly break map objects badly and fix Chocimier made not quite right:
github.com/Chocimier/vcmi/commi … 2b61bR1089

So I have to fix it or revert merge (50b271393c ) and my first fix (bb05db90e531)

So no .99 yet?

Yeah not yet, though the number of bugs fixed after 0.98g is bigger than between any previous releases: bugs.vcmi.eu/changelog_page.php (and still growing)

That’s one huge changelog. Hope for a .99 release soon :slight_smile:

well still much too do :slight_smile:

All in all, I would like to release VCMI 0.99 in November. Just to keep things moving.

Well why hurry Warmonger? Is it not better to release a good release with alot fixes instead of just releasing?

I wouldn’t call 20 months a “hurry”. We currently have 105 fixes on Mantis since 0.98g plus a number of added features… Also packages need to be updated with templates and icons.

well that is of course good. why does it feel like the project is going slower lately, have you guys tried finding some more people that wants too help?

…becuse there were no releases :stuck_out_tongue:

haha good answere :stuck_out_tongue:

Should campaigns work already/be to introduce yet, or am I just doing something wrong/have too weak phone for it? I can start scenarios normally but when I try to launch a campaign, app crashes. LG Swift L7 is my phone.

Vcmi for android is not officially part of the main project. It is just a port of a very outdated version of VCMI.

Here is support topic for it:
forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=850&start=150

However the developer that ported VCMI to andoroid desn’t seem to be active at the moment.

In 2-3 weeks I’ll have proper Android device (proper SDL2 version didn’t worked that well on outdated 2.3 tablet with dead battery) so there is chance I’ll make a build if this wouldn’t require a lot of work.