Posted: 2016-07-04, 11:19 Preserve(New) and Asylum Town
Preserve and Asylum are my own project for my new mod. It is not finished now, so I put them into VCMI. There are still some bugs in Asylum pack, so it need to fixed. There is no commander for two town, and the puzzle maps are also not finished by our team. So commander and puzzle maps are not included in this pack.
Sorry for a mistake.. Now you can download the new pack (25MB).
Ouch, it's riddled with typos (or spelling errors).
I presume 4th level unit should be 'Sorrow Phantom' (or maybe 'Photon')?. I don't even know what Enclusore is. It's an eyesore, I'll give you that. I won't be getting into hero biographies, there's too much to point out and correct.
Are the sound effects fixed at least?
"description" : "My test mod that add a lot of useless stuff into the game"
- there's no external dwellings. Hard to say you make complete new town without external dwellings. I can see dweling defs in mod files but most of them looks different on map and in town. It should be fixed quickly.
- creature's sounds in Preserve have lots of noise (like in older version). Try convert wav to mp3, then mp3 to wav. Should help.
- it would be nice if towns changing look depends on fort/citadel/castle build (like Hota does with all towns)
- Preserve look on aventure map is awful. Too much straight and simplyness.
- siege screens could be better, but they are ok for now!
- there's something wrong with Asylum's shooters. Console says that 'projectile' command is missing - that's why game crashes in attempt to batlle with them.
- for puzzle map try Marcon1 method:
And again few propositions for VCMI modders, who wants to care about his town work with other mods:
Technical names for creatures, heroes etc are to be started with lower case character.
And there are another preserve towns mods, for example.
So I propose next (on Asylum example):
1) Give to creatures names consist from faction name and name of creature:
not "darkguard", but "asylumDarkGuard". There can be other mods with creature "darkguard". And proposed name easily distincts that creature belongs to Asylum faction.
2) Same to heroes and hero classes:
not "mentalist", but "asylumMentalist".
not "B_pauline", but "asylumB_pauline". There can be several Paulines in different mods, using pure names for heroes will only lead to conflicts and errors.
I think this can improve easeness of reading json configs.
This goes only to json names, filenames are arranged by <faction name> subfolders and don't require prefixes in them.
PS Since there are several preserve versions, faction name for new preserve (and for folders in Content is better not be messed with other "preserve" folders.
So "preserve" can be changed to "preserve_by003", for example
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum