Forum index VCMI Project - Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Forum of the project aiming to recreate best turn-based strategy ever!

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics
RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Previous topic :: Next topic
Random map allies?
Hi-Angel 

Posted: 2016-02-06, 21:27   Random map allies?

I want to create a random map with two computers being in the same team, and two humans in the same team too (thus 2 teams). But I couldn't figure out how to do it. Besides mystic options inherited from the original Heroes3, I sometimes triggering a weird message «Couldn't create map with chosen options» (probably not exact wording, I'm playing a localized version) — have no even idea what could that mean, wouldn't it just block the wrong buttons to not allow the creation?

Either way, how to create such a map?

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2016-02-07, 07:45   

This should be possible with either Analogy (M/M+U) or Jebus (XL/XL+U) and Coldshadw's Fantasy (XL+U).

If it's not, submit a bug report.
Warmonger, you are the best!
Last edited by Warmonger on 2016-02-07, 11:49; edited 1 time in total  

Hi-Angel 

Posted: 2016-02-07, 11:06   

Warmonger wrote:
This should be possible with either Analogy (M/M+U) or Jebus (XL/XL+U) and Coldshadw's Fantasy (XL+U).

If it's not, submit a bug report.

Okay, thank you, then, to find whether it works, I need to find what options fits that configuration — Heroes3 random map options were always mystic to me.

The first thing I tried this http://www.gog.com/forum/...m_generator_map Quoting:
Quote:
HUMAN OR COMPUTER PLAYERS Set this to 2 (or however many humans you want playing)
HUMAN OR COMPUTER TEAMS set to 1
COMPUTER ONLY PLAYERS set to 2 (or however many enemies they want from 1- 6)
COMPUTER ONLY TEAMS set to 1
In the original heroes it indeed worked, this was the way we set it when played Horn of Abyss. However here I just couldn't choose such combination: after I set the first two, the third one (COMPUTER ONLY PLAYERS) blocks «2» button, allowing to press only either of «0», «1», and «random»; also the number of player flag pictures is just 2, while in the HoA it was 4.

Another way I see is following a pure logic:
Quote:
HUMAN OR COMPUTER PLAYERS to 4 (total player number)
HUMAN OR COMPUTER TEAMS to 2 (total team number)
COMPUTER ONLY PLAYERS to 2 (obvious)
COMPUTER ONLY TEAMS to 1 (thus by exclusion we have one more team which is of humans)

It says «Could not create a random map that fits current choises».

And what are by the way Analogy and Oraz Jebus? Is it template names? Anyway, for tests I did here I choose M+U.

Warmonger 
VCMI programmer

Posted: 2016-02-07, 11:57   

Quote:
And what are by the way Analogy and Jebus? Is it template names? Anyway, for tests I did here I choose M+U.

It's not "by the way", it's the basic topic we are discussing here. VCMI has only a handful of templates which have certain limits.

Everthing else belongs to bug report.
Warmonger, you are the best!
Last edited by Warmonger on 2016-02-07, 12:07; edited 1 time in total  

Hi-Angel 

Posted: 2016-02-07, 12:04   

Warmonger wrote:
It's not "by the way", it's the basic topic we are discussing here. VCMI has only a handful of templates which hasve certain limits.
Okay, so how do I use these templates? AFAIK there's no way to choose them explicitly, so if I tried M+U random map, and it didn't work, do I have to report a bug now?

Reply to topic