VCMI 0.98 released

showQueue option or just Q in battle.

We can always adopt google versioning and soon we’ll be at version 14 or something. :mrgreen:

Thanks for help. :slight_smile:

It’s nice to hear it :slight_smile:

I have one more set of questions:

Where can i get the mod which adds a third upgrades tfor elves ( to Sharpshooters ) ? Is it a part of bigger mod which adds third upgrades of each creature in every town? And what mods are you using to VCMI 0.98?

Finally i have problem with Wogification Options. Button “Wog Options” is “unclickable”. I can’t also set the settings of automatic battle in a battle field. How to fix it??

It’s just bitmap from original WoG and it’s unlikely that options like these will be ever implemented. More likely that we’ll eventually have more options in launcher.

Not implemented yet.

Even options like making Sylvan Centaurs in Rampart from Centaur Captains and Grand Elves are not possible?

VCMI is open source engine so anything is possible. What I mean is that it’s unlikely that WoG options menu will ever be implemented simply because we don’t have any limitations on what can be changed and in some cases it’s better to rework UI entirely instead of copying solutions from old H3 “mods”.

Reason why button bitmap present at all it’s because VCMI just load WoG art assets over H3 include that button image.

Ok. So how can I for example make possible making Sylvan Centaurs in VCMI 0.98? And is there any option to change statistics of creetures ( for example enlarge amount of Hit Points ). If it is possibe, how can I do it?

Check hero config for Gelu. Or if you want to make it in town then you’ll need to modify town building behaviour, but then you’ll need to add them as creatures somewhere.

Though I have no idea if WoG feature to mix multiple creatures into one is implemented anywhere, but I think it’s not.

Check modding guidelines:
wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Modding_guidelines

HotA adoption is good example of modding features usage.

In which folder can i find script with all creatures? If I want to add new creature i must only add the part of code to this script? And have you some ideas how to modify the code to make possible creating A Sylvan Centaurs from Grand Elves and Centaur Captains? Or even add options like: experience for units or resurrecting First Aid Tents?
Is it possible or we must wait on new versions. And is there a chance that there will be available to choose playing with or without these conveniences in newer versions?

I found also an interesting fragment of code on your link:

"centaur", "captainCentaur"],
"dwarf"],
"elf", "grandElf", "sharpshooter"],

]
It is code which allows recruit sharpshooters in Rampart? It’s only what I have to do ?:slight_smile: Just slightly modify this part ?

All creatures listed in config/creatures/.

Check WoG mod content, creatures.json.

Something like that could only be coded in C++ at moment. Eventually we’ll have scripting support.

Stack experience and few other are implemented in VCMI, but I never tested it.

Resurrecting can be added as creature ability. E.g check archangels config and copy it to first aid tent.

Towns and creatures you have depend on what mods you have active. Long time ago VCMI required WoG assets to work, but it’s optional for long time.

We have modding guidelines on Wiki: wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Modding_guidelines

These question belong to this thread: [forum.vcmi.eu/t/help-with-mods-questions/912/1)

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Where in VCMI 0.98 can i change the action od seconadary skills? I want for example, Armorer which adds 10/20/30 % ( Basic lvl / Advanced lvl / Expert lvl ). Which script is regulating this?

In VCMI there’s no scipts. All configurations are taken from original H3 txt files in h3bitmap.lod file.

So where can I modify secondary skills?

celestialheavens.com/forum/7/8806

Secondary skills in VCMI are hardcoded.

Uh, quite surprised here. I never tried to change anything but always thought VCMI was completely open.

Open mean that you can sent pull request that introduce option to load these values from JSON. :wink:

Sry if it’s a silly question, first time I’m here. I tried installing the addon to both not-recommended HoA, and the recommended clean Heroes3 Complete. First, I didn’t found for some reason GNU/Linux version, though the «about page» says it have to be here. Okay, so I tried running the Windows one, however it does always crash. UPD: immediate crash when starting any of VCMI_client.exe, and VCMI_launcher.exe:

wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x7e48b22d (thread 0009), starting debugger...

FWIW both Heroes3 Complete, HoA, and HoA with HD patch are working fine for me. wine-1.9.2 (Staging), WindowsXP emulation.

Does anybody experiencing this? Should I report a bug? And where’s btw GNU/Linux executables?

It’s was always crashing in Wine as far as I remember.

Yep, but to Wine bug tracker. This is unlikely our problem.

Stable builds (and outdated, more crashy one):
launchpad.net/~saven-ivan/+archive/ubuntu/vcmi
Daily builds:
launchpad.net/~vcmi/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Sadly I don’t think it’s there for newer version of Ubuntu, but 16.04 should have VCMI in official repository.