VCMI 0.98 released

I have some bug.
Game crash after end day.
vcmi 0.98 + patch aa00fdbd0e99b2beec382c7677a64d962b748dcb
Fedora 23

Newgame_Autosave_5.tar (425 KB)

Hello! If you decide to report bugs please find out how to build VCMI from git or use some repository (if there’s any) with newer version. Stable version you currently playing was based on May 8 code so it’s really old already.

Also please post reports on bug tracker:
bugs.vcmi.eu/

Thanks!

something not seen reports.

How can i use vcmi for android?

For when a 0.98 .deb for Jessie? :slight_smile:

Not really comfortable compiling from source. http://r11.imgfast.net/users/1112/86/44/25/smiles/364394463.gif

VCMI is in official debian repository, but it’s only for sid / stretch:
packages.debian.org/sid/games/vcmi

Neat!
I run stable though.

Then sadly not much we can do, but you likely can install or re-build package for stable from Ubuntu PPA or something.
wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA

Still keep in mind that if you actually want to play I strongly recommend to use latest development build. Since VCMI is not yet feature complete stable builds is more like a way to show that some important features implemented while in general they a lot less playable due to bugs or missing features that already fixed in git.

PS: Eventually I want to have portable builds with Steam runtime, but at moment it’s just a plan.

No worries man, you guys rock I will patiently wait, and I still have a windows partition anyway (I do appreciate a lot the linux support though). :slight_smile:

Hi, I have some questions about VCMI

1. i have download firstly Heroes 3 Complete, later ERA 2.4 and i extract VCMI 0.98 to the folder with game ( so with ERA too ). Therefore why I cant run VCMI through ERA? I was adding another mods also and i can’t make these mods Enable in the Mod Manager of ERA. I could run these mods only with VCMI_Client. Why? Can i do something with it ?:slight_smile:

2. Are there enable mods like Bastion Town or Miscellaneous? I tried to download them from this page and i encountered dead links and errors.

3. Is there any option to switch off some new upgrades like informator on a battle field which tell us who will move next etc.?

Sorry for mistakes that i may made. I’m not an English ;):slight_smile:

Greetings

VCMI and ERA are completely different platforms and should be installed in different folders.

Thanks. What about question 3 ?:slight_smile:

And I am wondering if you are still working above this project or if it is closed?

This project isnt dead. There will most likely be a 1.x version, and maybe… Just maybe a version 2.

showQueue option or just Q in battle.

We can always adopt google versioning and soon we’ll be at version 14 or something. :mrgreen:

Thanks for help. :slight_smile:

It’s nice to hear it :slight_smile:

I have one more set of questions:

Where can i get the mod which adds a third upgrades tfor elves ( to Sharpshooters ) ? Is it a part of bigger mod which adds third upgrades of each creature in every town? And what mods are you using to VCMI 0.98?

Finally i have problem with Wogification Options. Button “Wog Options” is “unclickable”. I can’t also set the settings of automatic battle in a battle field. How to fix it??

It’s just bitmap from original WoG and it’s unlikely that options like these will be ever implemented. More likely that we’ll eventually have more options in launcher.

Not implemented yet.

Even options like making Sylvan Centaurs in Rampart from Centaur Captains and Grand Elves are not possible?

VCMI is open source engine so anything is possible. What I mean is that it’s unlikely that WoG options menu will ever be implemented simply because we don’t have any limitations on what can be changed and in some cases it’s better to rework UI entirely instead of copying solutions from old H3 “mods”.

Reason why button bitmap present at all it’s because VCMI just load WoG art assets over H3 include that button image.

Ok. So how can I for example make possible making Sylvan Centaurs in VCMI 0.98? And is there any option to change statistics of creetures ( for example enlarge amount of Hit Points ). If it is possibe, how can I do it?

Check hero config for Gelu. Or if you want to make it in town then you’ll need to modify town building behaviour, but then you’ll need to add them as creatures somewhere.

Though I have no idea if WoG feature to mix multiple creatures into one is implemented anywhere, but I think it’s not.

Check modding guidelines:
wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Modding_guidelines

HotA adoption is good example of modding features usage.