Tavern

well they definately aren’t going to work on homm4 rewrite at least until VCMI would be in late-mantain phase (only heavily uncommon bug fixing from major Devs - almost all project traffic comming already from modders). But if you like some features from more recent homm games they definately can take a shot (concurent turns or duel mode seem fairy boost-on yeah? and spellbook-based creature casting like in H4 or H5 is not the hardest core-addon over SoD and WoG mechanics).

Feel free to write one, dood :sunglasses:

Simultaneous turns are one of the long-term goals and should show up someday.

Just passing by to apologize for my long absence. :blush:

I’m caught up in some other projects (no games or anything as fun - so no need to be jealous), with no end in sight anytime soon, unless I manage to find the right people to delegate to. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to help at least a bit with testing the new dev version, but I’m not sure I’ll manage in time before the next release. And I’ll try to plan some time off around the next release at least.

I am very happy though to see there was lot of progress in the meantime. Not just game development, but also increase of activity in general, on the forum and on Mantis, which is a good sign. Great work everyone: coders and testers! :slight_smile:

Happy New Year to a great project and community :)!

Hey guys,

I just found this project for the first time and wanted to say how awesome it is and what a great job you’ve all done so far. I’ve been a fan of HOMM3 since I was a kid and still play it with my friends today…

I always dreamt of having the source code to the game and being able to write in features I wanted to it. And here it is! Unfortunately I work a lot these days as a programmer so I don’t know if I’ll have time to burn for such things, but if I do get free time, I might consider contributing to the project :slight_smile:

Cheers

Just to keep everyone informed - I’m in process of moving to Kyiv so I’m a bit too busy at the moment to contribute to the project. Barely working 236kb/s mobile connection does not helps much with Internet access. (3G? LTE? Nah, not in this country)

I’ll try to fix some critical bugs after 26th October (like always enabled localization) but can’t promise anything at the moment. Not until things will calm down for me.

Hello everyone. I am happy to be a member of your forum. I am following VCMI development with excitement. I can’t wait for new things you will bring this classic game. Like many HoMM fans I really appreciate your work. You are recreating the best turn-based fantasy strategy ever, indeed. Your work will live for centuries. Next generations will remember you with gratitude. I think I can help at least by testing your game. I will do that. See you around!

wanted to ask what does this point in the forum “View known issues”?
bugs.vcmi.eu/view_all_bug_page.php

here are old fixes, rather than the current assembly

Since VCMI supports more that 8 heroes on map for player, there a lot of new heroes can be added.
I thorught today - why every hero must have a specialization? Why there cannot be heroes without any bonuses? Just an ordinary guy hired to army?
What do you think about heroes without specialization?
Is it bad?

Guess it might be easily implemented in JSON, by just adding to hero specialization ‘No specialization’, which gives obviously nothing :slight_smile:

Absolutely true.
Do you think it’s good idea to have ordinary heroes, that have no bonuses, just fighting for you?

Hmm, I’m not sure about that, probably would have to check it on my own, but I think that having such ‘empty’ heroes would rather be useless.

We have already 150 heroes with useless specialities, why would we want more?

For a new factions.
And if user plays with 16/32 allowed heroes per map, classic 16 heroes will be depleted soon. And there is not a big variety of special abilities to make unique heroes per faction.

There are still many possible specialties that were not used yet.

I don’t know a case of “depleting” heroes on a map, either. There are already more available than in original game.

I mean 16 heroes on faction will not all be available when 16 heroes on map limit is set. Some of them will be in prisons, some - in enemy arms. There user will use heroes of other factions.

Since when is that a problem?

It’s not forbidden to add new heroes to old faction, either.

Hi guys! I am new to this project, and I just knew about this project few days ago when I was looking for some HoMM3 mods. After testing VCMI, I would love to contribute something for the project. I am in school for computer science, but I am a Java person - meaning I know nothing about C++. But I can learn, and hopefully can help out with the project.

Cheers! :smiley:

Very good,and a java programmer to C++.Hope you enjoy this project. :smiley:

Enters the Tavern, gets drunks, heads out