VCMI for Android

Damn, i’m only java.

But we maybe can throw here some stack to find this crash origine ?

Actually there was several crashes fixed since 0.97 released so it’s at least needed to test latest version there.

So you may try to built VCMI and deploy debug build of VCMI on your device. If you decide to do so PM me with your instant chat info (Skype, hangouts. xmpp/jabber, etc) and I’ll be happy to help you find out with that.

Is there any details on what problems with building VCMI for Android using SDL2?

Will vcmi .98 be available for Android soon?

Hi!
I’m trying to install VCMI on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I copy the files to the right place, restart the device, but VCMI keeps asking me to get the files. I’ve got everything working on my HTC one mobile, so I’m pretty sure I do it right.

I’d highly appreciate any help :smiley:

You can set custom path to files somewhere in options, maybe this can help.

I just downloaded the version for Android. I am using a Motorla Moto G.

The files I used are the ones from the installation on Program Files folder, from the Heroes III Complete CDs. They should work right?

I am also having the same problem. The game starts, a bit laggy but fine, but then as soon as i press Begin it crashes without any message.

I also noticed when I try to create a random map it says “could not create a random map that fits current choices”

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for this good project and for your help!

Thanks for the awesome port xyz!

I have one problem with the AI - the enemy doesn’t seem to be buying almost any creatures. I’ve seen this mentioned earlier in the thread but it doesn’t seen to be fixes. Any ideas?

So far Android version is still based on 0.97 in which AI doesn’t work at all.
In 0.98 AI still seems broken, so we may need to wait a little longer.

Any news from xyz about new version of VCMI for Android? I saw him last week on the forum, long time since last time, so I wonder if it was a good omen. :smiley:

He said he has not enough time to make 0.98 now. You can find him online on IRC channel #VCMI ( freenode.net network)

Hello there o/
Some days ago, I fell over this awesome port when I were checking the play store for Heroes Onine app, with no luck, and was like AWESOME, I tried both with HOMM3 HotA, Crack, GOG, GOG with WOG, version… All complete editions, all of them do start up and play music nicely, can navigate to the campaigns browse singleplayer / multiplayer map. But then again when I press "begin"to start the chosen map. It just crashes :< does any1 of you have an idea if I have done something wrong?
Help is much appreciated :>

… any hope for an update? It refuses to work on LG G4 5.1

This thread seems pretty dead but I didn’t want to post somewhere this topic doesn’t belong.

Am I correct in believing that VCMI is not compatible with Android 5.0? As stated elsewhere by others, I can launch the app and navigate the menu but VCMI crashes immediately after cinematic screen before the game can actually start.

Thanks

Yes it’s correct. Ported version that currently available is really old and nobody updated it for newer Android versions.

If nobody else going to do that I’ll eventually attempt to build newer version for Android, but so far there was more important things to do.

Please do! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply.

I do like SXX’s post very much :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, been a time o.o an no one gonna revive it : ( ? Could be really awesome!

Is it not better to wait for it too be a little less buggy then people can focus on android version?

Oh, well, haven’t really looked into the normal version of the VCMI but that could be good thing I guess