Modding Suggestion

I just had an idea about the the building/castle menu screen. You should slightly fade the previous menus/main in-game HUD [black or gray]. Just to show that it is inactive. [Only for resolutions that modify the castle menu screen size] (think any larger than 640x480).

Sometime I keep clicking on the other button on the in-game HUD when I’m in the menu screen because it looks like those buttons are available.

Not a big thing really. But doing this will make it more user friendly. :slight_smile:

Change VCMI Default volume. [music,sounds,voice ect] to be standardized with other games. e.g Homm 6. (If You Compared the two games sound volumes heroes of might and magic 3 sound is way too high compared. same with the 3DO video, sound volume way too loud).

After you guys have finished VCMI on computers you should port to all the other devices that could possibly run it, like IPhone, IPad, Android Devices. then you could sell it for a few dollars on the maket, id buy it.

We can’t sell it, copyrights belong to Ubisoft.

As to ports for other platforms, there are some already.

You could make iOS version, but it would require Jailbreak. Apple woudn’t accept H3 in App Store.

Could Someone Please Allow People To Delete Savegames in the Loadmenu
Or Atleast Make it Possible, Since VCMI autosaves Alot.

By the way, some cosmetic suggestion for future modding:

• Add to “faction” also the path to win/loose video animation (or add them to heroes config):
    http://forum.df2.ru/index.php?s=&showtopic=34417&view=findpost&p=678440

• Add possibility to assign to objects types video file (with non-predefined resolution). When building is entered on map (guards are defeated), video will be shown in separate window, and then will go to object dialog (if any).

I want to deliver my throughts about second skills modding.
This doesn’t mean i’ll code it (still not managed to force myself to do something with sources, hope, will do something at end of december or on january).
But i want to share my ideas, how to add new secondary skills without many work.
Original secondary skills are too deep hardcoded in source to be easily removed to json configs.
So for first steps i propose to not touch them and leave them as they are now.

My proposition is to make the same turn like with spells — use bonuses system to extend secodary skills.

For example, i want to add Elementalist secondary skill.
So i make json like this:

«elementalist»:
{
	«name» : «Elementalist»,
	«affinity» : «magic» // «might», if skill is non-magical
	"defaultGainChance": 0, 
     "gainChance":
             {
                    "necroforge": 3  //faction specific information
              },

«levels»:{
		«base» : {

},
		«none» : {

},
		«basic» : {
			«graphics» : 
				{	
					«iconSmall» : «secondarySkills/iconsSmall/iconElementalistBasic» //32x32 icon
					«iconBig» : «secondarySkills/iconsBig/iconElementalistBasic» //44x44 icon
				},
			«effects» : 
				{
					«description» : «Hero gains boost of summoning spells by 7% per level.»,
					«earthElemental» : { 
						«type» : «SPECIAL_SPELL_LEV»,
						«subtype» : «spell.earthElemental»,
						«addInfo» : 7
					},
					«fireElemental» : { 
					},
					«airElemental» : { 
					},
					«waterElemental» : { 
					},

}
			},
		«advanced» : {

…. same block with diff. values
			},
		«expert» : {
					…. same block with diff. values
			}
	}
}

Block of code, used to load new spells, can be reuised, not changing much.

So when hero get new secondary skill, it’s bonuses are summed with other existing bonuses. And it’s how secodary skill work.
What do you think of it?

PS Sorry for formatting and not starting new thread, i write not from home.