Linuxrocks123 Tree: https://github.com/linuxrocks123/vcmi

Awesome! Glad to hear it :smiley:

Hey, could you guys tell me where you’re getting those maps, btw? Some of them look pretty cool.

I guess most of them from heroesportal.net/maps.php

it’s easy
cloud.mail.ru/public/20be1fe1ca … mpaigns.7z

maps4heroes.com/heroes3/maps.php

heroesportal.net/maps.php?type=H3SD

build drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwj7Qc … V4WHc/view
Freeze AI
Freeze.rar (585 KB)

Found another bug, I’m posting it here because it’s related to Your branch, unless someone will request to move it to mantis.
Switching view to underground / surface sometimes doesn’t work properly. Here are steps to reproduce it:

1. Start map “__1_map without underground”
  2. Quit to main menu
  3. Start map “__2_map with underground”
    At this point You should notice that button which switches surface/underground view is disabled, but shouldn’t be.

Hehe, and another one - infinite loop.
Infinite loop.zip (479 KB)
__2.h3m (9.02 KB)
__1.h3m (5.57 KB)

Heroes just closed

AI attacked AI in town.
Closed.rar (838 KB)

AI is afraid to beat the garrison. Even when he is stronger army.
Nature vs Underground.h3m (4.5 KB)

It seems to me there is something wrong

youtu.be/1llSM6vFqXo

2 variant youtu.be/CU5JO_wVlPQ
2variant.rar (378 KB)
NOATTACK.rar (469 KB)

More crash
Crash3. in battle.rar (1.34 MB)
Crash2.rar (1010 KB)
Crash.rar (1.88 MB)

I forgot to say that do not work “quest guard”.
(However, I do not know maybe not in this thread is to say.)

linuxrocks123,
interesting, tell me please, did you manage to reproduce these bugs?

You did a great job. AI has become much more stable. And he began to buy troops.
But there are still bugs. (at least windows)

Hello,

Just noticed this thread was still active. I’ll take a look at the AI bugs when I have a chance, but, in the meantime, you may want to check out my branch again, because I finally (after much frustration) got multiplayer savegame loading to work! Multiplayer worked and was stable before I touched the code, but you couldn’t resume an in-progress game, only start new ones. This, obviously, was a serious limitation. It was painful and took me quite a while, but I finally fixed it!

There’s no UI for it (someone else will have to write that). To use it, you start up vcmiclient with some parameters I added. Either of you want to “test” (and by “test” I mean “play” :stuck_out_tongue: ) VCMI multiplayer with me sometime this weekend?

Why did you put AI changes and multiplayer changes in same branch? Just create pull request for something than you consider done and only then start another one.

Because when I go to play VCMI, I want both my AI and multiplayer load changes to be included in the build :slight_smile: Also, I’ve never used Git before.

The AI changes aren’t really “done” because there seem to be a few bugs still. Also, I thought you might have some comments about it / want to test it more before merging it, since it’s kind of invasive.

I created a new branch called “pleasepull” with just the multiplayer changes (and two trivially correct bugfixes) and submitted a pull request. Please have a look :slight_smile:

If you’d rather just pull everything from me, it’s on my “develop” branch, but the AI changes seem to still have bugs. Also, they printf() a ton of AI debugging crap to standard out, which probably isn’t good since you have a logging system (or two?) that you like to use for that. But they’ll be ready probably soonish!

I have not been able to try your branch since I do not compile anything (yet at least), but I would really like to try it.
Sorry for asking, but I’m just curious; When do you think the AI stuff are ready to be integrated?

Really looking forward to play against an AI that at least attacks me once or twice… :wink:

Hi there,

Povelitel posted a Windows build which you should be able to download and use without having to compile the game yourself. As far as integration, well, it depends on when I can look at the bugs Povelitel and Kantor have been posting. I’ve got a lot on my plate right now, so it probably won’t be until around Thanksgiving (US holiday, November 27, people often get off school/work that Wednesday/Friday) at the earliest. Possibly not until Christmas Break, although I hope I get some time before then.

Hi,

Thanks for the update! I’m running Mint/Ubuntu and I think I saw some posting that you did that too? Do you have a package?

Looking forward to an update later when you have more time! Maybe I will get a chrismas gift! :laughing:

Hello. Very interesting proposal. I’m ready. I love online.
Could not answer before there was no internet. If anything, write a personal message =)

Hey,

I’m still alive. I haven’t updated my checkout with the latest changes from the main tree, both because I’m scared of conflicts and because I haven’t had time. I very briefly looked at one of your crashes; Crash1 is not in my code, which doesn’t mean it’s not my fault, but it does mean it may be nontrivial to fix.

Re merging: I’d like to get it done soon. I’m not sure if it’s stable enough or not as is; obviously there are still some crashes, but VCMI as a whole isn’t that stable. It may be better to “fix” it from inside the main tree since other people will be looking at it. I just really don’t have time to do much with this right now and may not for the foreseeable future. I’m working on an email client, and a teaching tool for Java, and at some point plan to take my parser for Alice 2 out of mothballs and finish it, And beyond that I have grading to do. Maybe over Christmas break I can look at some of these bugs you’re reporting. Maybe. If not, probably this will stagnate until Spring Break or so.

Povelitel, if you’re on AOL Instant Messenger, my screen name is linuxrocks123 as well. If you’re not you can create an account for free. I know it’s an ancient IM system but it still works, and it’s the only system I have not tied to my real name. I’ll PM you, too.

Unfortunatelly there is a major bug in AI since VCMI 0.96c, which makes fuzzy engine act pretty much randomly. Until it’s fixed you probably won’t get anywhere.