Trunk discussion / complains

Apparently player issues were just incorrect logs (though they were not present before).

Actual crash occurs at this line:

// Create enough room for the whole map and its frame
	ttiles.resize(sizes.x, frameW, frameW);

Will investigate it now. Debugger gets confused with this code and doesn’t show correct info.

With SDL2 vcmi scaled in fullscreen mode to desktop resolution (but with Opengl scaling in not proportional - cant fix this, it comes from SDL internals.).

@up yay! thanks!

could you add a deb with trunk vcmi to maemo distribution repository (there is one but it’s old 0.86 with custom changes for the resolution or something) ?

Yes, now I’m certain the crash occurs at the line mentioned above. Looks like uninitialized values:

11:57:19 INFO animation [1b94] - CMapHandler::roadsRiverTerrainInit(): frameW 27378054, frameH 15239566, sizes(36,36,2)

Wait a minute - are you using non-800x600 resolution? In this case - do you have that package I posted above extracted and enabled? Because othervice you will have a crash due to no longer present resolution - in trunk we now have only 800x600 resolution, extra resolutions are in separate package since I’d rather avoid derivative graphics in repository.

I guess now I need to implement fallback to 800x600 resolution if selected resolution is missing. Will do it today.

Moved some posts here. Ivan forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?p=13147#13147

Cann’t compile developer branch rev f78821. Is ERM still supported?

Kind of. ERM module was never actually used by engine so by default ERM is disabled. As result - from time to time things like this may happen. Create pull request if you wish to fix this but we can’t use ERM till proper scripting support.

Hi,

I’m a new “user” of vcmi and started with latest release on ubuntu. Due to segfaults and very long time at each “end of turn” did I switch to the daily build (pre built package).

After playing for a while did I get yet another segfault and it repeats as soon as I load my saved game. Is there any instructions on how to provide some good feedback for the developers on this issue?

Below is the log just before crash:

Warning: an orphaned child!
const PlayerState* CGameInfoCallback::getPlayer(PlayerColor, bool) const: Cannot find player 254info!
Dwarf doesn’t have a base stack!
Opening StupidAI
Loaded Stupid AI 0.1
Unrecognized trigger effect type 3019
Segmentation fault
read: Connection reset by peer
Ended handling connection

Anyone that have some input on above?

I have tried several campaigns and I always hit a segfault sooner or later…

Most certainly. bugs.vcmi.eu/my_view_page.php

hi guys
the trunk doesn’t compile on VS2013 :

• ERM project doesn’t compile (but apparently it’s normal!)
  • Launcher proj doesn’t compile :

I guess some of the config files are badly configured because it’s using someone else’s absolute filepaths

To compile Lancuher under MSVS, you need to run the compilation twice for the first time.

Can somebody accept those two 9-day-old pulls on github? Both look OK for me.
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/42
github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/43

Done.

Hi guys
is there a place I’m missing where we can ask how / what specific part of the code does?
THere are some stuff I’d like to refactor but I can’t understand what some stuff is supposed to accomplish.
For instance ObjectTemplate.setSize() is called twice during the loading of the objects and I cant tell if that’s intended or not, because setSize has a different effect depending whether the size is moved up or down

There is no specific way, usually people just ask about every feature in related thread or just start a new one - that’s not common either way. For objects, see [forum.vcmi.eu/t/making-adventure-map-objects-more-configurable/805/1) and wait until Ivan comes back.

I cann’t build commit 7289dbafa996a8d9ebfd2cb5d30519f47ecb122a:

/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/build-gcc-release/CMakeFiles 
 40%] Building CXX object AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/src/Console.cpp.o
cd /mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/build-gcc-release/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite && /usr/bin/c++   -DFL_BACKTRACE_OFF -DFL_BUILD_PATH=\"/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi\" -DFL_DATE=\"1408\" -DFL_UNIX -DFL_VERSION=\"5.0\" -DM_BIN_DIR=\"/mnt/anythings/games/vcmi/bin\" -DM_DATA_DIR=\"/mnt/anythings/games/vcmi/share/vcmi\" -DM_LIB_DIR=\"/mnt/anythings/games/vcmi/lib64/vcmi\" -DUSE_SYSTEM_MINIZIP -pedantic -Werror -Wall -Wextra -O3 -DNDEBUG -I/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/.    -o CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/src/Console.cpp.o -c /mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/src/Console.cpp
In file included from /mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/./fl/Console.h:28:0,
                 from /mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/src/Console.cpp:25:
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/./fl/fuzzylite.h:33:26: fatal error: ../../Global.h: No such file or directory
 #include "../../Global.h"
                          ^
compilation terminated.
AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target 'AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/src/Console.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/src/Console.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/build-gcc-release'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:495: recipe for target 'AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [AI/FuzzyLite/fuzzylite/CMakeFiles/fl-static.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/build-gcc-release'
Makefile:136: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

How to install wog and vcmi core files? According to this wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Ins … n_on_Linux, vcmibuilder may help, but it doesn’t seem to have options --vcmi --wog and --download. I tried to install them manually, but inside WoG archive file I don’t see mod.json file. Is it OK? Yet I don’t see any sings inside game that WoG is installed.

@eternal_sorrow: The --vcmi, --wog and --download options were removed by Ivan in this commit. They were responsible for download and install wog (wog.zip) and vcmi data files (core.zip which contains graphics for new resolutions). Now wog you can install through vcmilauncher (mod manager). As for the installation of core.zip here is the solution. I presume that in the future it will also be available to download through mod manager.

Launcher requires qt5, but I don’t have it on my system.