VCMI 0.96 released!

Game won’t start…

Ahh, NOW you tell me it’s missing.

Fixed.

Anyone missing new VCMI release for Fedora? I switched from Fedora to Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu), so I can’t provide RPM builds. Perhaps there is someone else who wants to create RPM builds…

Yeah, sorry. When I read your mind, I thought you’d read mine right back!

thank you for your hard work!

Thanks a lot!!! This is getting more playable at an exponential rate :slight_smile:

Can´t wait for the next release

Where the source or packages? In wiki all old(0.95).

Source in github github.com/vcmi/vcmi

And big thanks for your work!

Hi. Sorry for delay. Current status of 0.96 on Linux:
Source: uploaded to vcmi.eu, link on wiki.
Ubuntu: done
Debian: will try to run builds in a few days. It seems that I broke something on my system so I can’t generate builds for Debian ATM.
Fedora: see beegee post above.

Other distributions: they are not maintained by members of our team so updating is not up to us.

Is there a bug for the following:

2 Visions 0
3 View Earth 0
4 Disguise 0
5 View Air 0

I’m curious why they haven’t been implemented, and how I might help (for instance, is it time, or a technical reason?).

Thank you for all the hard work.

Hi.

Visions and Disguise - mostly time. I think it is completely possible to implement them right now. The only possible problem is AI - not sure how AI should react to disguise.

View Air/Earth - technical issue. We still don’t have that “map overview screen” because there is no easy way to scale adventure map. I guess can be implemented after transition to SDL2.

If you know c++ - then you can try to implement visions/disguise and submit pull request on github. Othervice - we always need testing. Just run game, look for bugs, submit them on bugs.vcmi.eu.

will be great see the picture of saint graal from obelisk and thank for the great work u do

Fedora 20 Copr repository copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mixaill/vcmi/

After downloading VCMI and updated wog, everything is in russian, cant understand a thing. How to change back to english?

Disable WoG russian translation from launcher.

But its not installed, so i dont get it. i’ll print screen it

Edit; Heres the picture:

in the vcmi launcher next to wog is an arrow, open that and there is a russian translation option under that. make sure that is unchecked.

Still no mac os package for 0.96?

You have to edit the rus mod.json file. If you’'re using Windows, it will be under \users<username>\vcmi\Mods\

Change the field to read:
“keepDisabled” : true,

That should sort it.

But every build is failed: copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mix … mi/builds/ does not work.