VCMI 0.95 released!

Glad people are keeping the game alive :slight_smile:

Please,if you love heroes3 truely, revive it on android.It’s a milestone in the history of the games. You will be the true heroes.
it takes a long time for the AI’s action per round in the version of android. (1 minutes +) Please pay a specil attention for it , thank you !

it takes a long time for the AI’s action per round in the version of android. (1 minutes +) Please pay a specil attention for it , thank you !

Wog doesnt work on android
All it does is add the wog o0tions button but you cant click it

This button is just a bitmap and it ndicates that WoG indeed DOES work in your version. Just not all the WoG options are supported. You have to manually edit delautMod…json file to enable WoG features.

Just a fan. I have been playing it for the last 8+ years from the HD heroes app and the hope of a improved interface/AI/WOG support and more it amazing to me. Keep up the good work I can’t wait to see more.

I haven’t been here in a long time. Why did you decide to save files in C:\users ?

Just got back into Heroes 3 and was making sure i could get everything working. I have WoG installed, VCMI installed as the directions say but the option in system options to change the default setting for resolution doesn’t exist? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug that might be causing this?

Are you sure that you’re running VCMI and not HoMM? VCMI has its own executables (VCMI_Client.exe and VCMI_Launcher.exe)

You can change resolution either:
a) Via Launcher - start VCMI_Launcher.exe, go to settings tab, select preferred resolution.
b) Via VCMI - start VCMI_Client.exe, start game, go to system options. There you should see your current resolution & button to change it.

when will 0.96 release? what are you focusing most on fixing this time?

I guess we aim for 1st July with already fixed AI, more-or-less working RMG, new spells, objects and SDL2, not to mention some minor features. Certainly 0.96 will be HUGE.

fixed AI, so you mean they work properly like on original heroes?
RMG what is that?
SDL2 what is that?
so it is starting to get close to playable?

Warmonger:
there is a small idea to improve in AI, see [forum.vcmi.eu/t/ai-turns/800/43)

RMG - Rnadom Map Generator
SDL2 - Simple DirectMedia Layer 2 (you could google that, don’t be lazy :wink: )

VCMI’s AI is probably never going to work just like original (doesn’t mean it will work worse).

VCMI will not be fully playable until 1.0 I think, close to playable it is at the moment IMO.

VCMI’s AI is probably never going to work just like original.
why would it never work like original? is it too hard to program it that way?
yea i thought so too, wonder how long it will take for 1.0 release. 1 year if lucky?
what is the most critical problems that Vcmi is having at the moment?

Because original AI is cheating and unsuitable for mods and planned scripts. Not to mention it’s too predictable. I don’t see ahy anybody would waste their time recreating original AI behavior.

I don’t understand this 1.0 fetish. The game is improving every month and will continue to grow even after 1.0 release.

the reason about 1.0 is the so called released version stable version, of course you can build on after, but that is in game industry bugfixes mostly.

Yes but that is exactly in game industry when selling games - developers actually have to set one version they will support and create new features for expansions (to earn money). In case of vcmi it seems to me that the main reason is not money hence it is gradually developed. New features appear as they are needed by developers/users and game becomes more stable and stable. From my point of view 1.0 should be a release where all original Heroes3 features are implemented (we are pretty close to that right now) but hopefully not the point where development (of new features) ceases. On the other hand we connot force developers to continue their work as it is their free time. Thanks for all your hard work and an amazing project!

Because at 1.0 all missing features will be instantly implemented (even those we don’t know about) and all bugs will disappear. You didn’t knew that?

And what about patches? How many patches H3 have got? Everyone expects 1.0 because that where all H3 features should be in place. But no-one mentions that bugs still will be there just like Heroes III 1.0 was not a final version of RoE. Some features won’t be implemented identically to H3 like AI (that would never be same as in H3). Full support for mods like WoG would need quite a lot of work in modding direction.

The original Heroes III AI does some things quite well (although could always be better) and other things not so good at all. It was certainly a much better AI than the Heroes IV AI.

I suppose the goal would be to improve the AI in many ways but also make it compatible with the majority of existing H3 maps. I’m sure some maps rely on quirky H3-specific AI behavior so if some don’t work without modification so be it, but most should, ideally, work as well or better than before.