Trunk discussion / complains

Yes, that’s right. According to feature list, these are supported in MVS2012.

Maybe it’s because of 666 in name of save? :mrgreen:

may be because it is done in Linux :mrgreen: . I do not know

Was gcc-4.7 support dropped?

gcc 4.7? It should work - we usually bump requirements only after most of distros get a newer version. If there are some compile issues with 4.7 then they must be fixed.

emplace is supported from gcc 4.8. At gcc 4.7 it causes error:

6%] Building CXX object lib/CMakeFiles/vcmi.dir/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp.o
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp: In member function ‘bool CRmgTemplateZone::findPlaceForObject(CMapGenerator*, CGObjectInstance*, si32, int3&)’:
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp:465:7: warning: unused variable ‘ow’ -Wunused-variable]
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp:466:7: warning: unused variable ‘oh’ -Wunused-variable]
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp: In member function ‘void CRmgTemplateZone::placeObject(CMapGenerator*, CGObjectInstance*, const int3&)’:
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp:518:10: error: ‘class std::set<int3>’ has no member named ‘emplace’
/mnt/anythings/game.src/vcmi/lib/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp:519:9: error: ‘class std::set<int3>’ has no member named ‘emplace’
make[2]: *** [lib/CMakeFiles/vcmi.dir/rmg/CRmgTemplateZone.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib/CMakeFiles/vcmi.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

gcc 4.7 should be okay now. If something goes wrong with 4.7 again - notify me in some way (like post here) or submit pull request with fix.

I also removed (already broken) support for 4.6 so now VCMI requires at least gcc 4.7.2 (4.7.0 and 4.7.1 are not usable due to compiler bug).

I just tested quickly with vcmisilmaril all scenarios of all campaigns, There are no problems with map loading nor placeholder replacement. So all campaigns should be playable. Besides that there are still a few campaign related smaller issues.

Can I close all “ancient” resolved mantis tickets?

I would like to implement transition effects, see: bugs.vcmi.eu/view.php?id=853
Should I wait for SDL2 or can it be implemented currently? I would begin with fade out effect when picking resources, etc…

I guess so… Or you can just set up filters on your side to hide them by default.

I suggest either waiting for SDL2 or using AVS branch as base - SDL2 had some changes here like rename of SDL_Color::unused (which we use for alpha) to SDL_Color::a.

Last time I checked OpenGL support was not functional - you had to use software mode (in settings set video/driver to “software” to enable it). Everything else should work.

I will wait for SDL2.

So I closed resolved mantis tickets older than 1. June 2013. All resolved mantis tickets targeting release 0.95 and 0.94 can be checked if they’re really fixed/implemented. This would be a task for our testers, is there anyone willing to do this?

I think I can do this, but where shall I post results, in related mantis tickets or at this forum?
I also think that I’ll have to skip such tickets in which are included saves older than vcmi 0.95b because I won’t be able to load them. What do You think about this?

Very good=)Set tested mantis tickets to closed if they’re fine, reopen or comment if something isn’t OK. Close tickets with saves included older than 0.95b if the problem can’t easily be re-checked (without save). That should be OK IMO:)

Ok, I’m giving up for now. I’ve checked almost a half of selected tickets. I’ll probably continue tomorrow.

Edit: Ok, it seems that I’ve closed all resolved tickets targeting 0.94 and 0.95 release. I also skipped 12 tickets, because they were recently created, so I couldn’t test them anyway. And in the end I’ve found few tickets which should be rechecked.

Thanks a lot! This was very fast. Perhaps Warmonger (2 tickets) and Ivan (2 tickets) can check these tickets.

Still not managed to find time and work on terrains battlefields moving to terrain configuration.
But i hope this will change - i plan to go to vacation, hope i can manage to work on it this/next week.

Also i’d like to add “cost” section to hero class JSON structure to make heroes with differentiated price.
For example gods can be made (heroes with exceptional abilities) with high price. Or mercenary heroes that already has relativily big army on start.
What do you think of it?

I don’t think that hero recruit cost should be connected to hero class. Why it should depend on class and not on specific hero? Why it should not depend on hero level/skills? Or perhaps it should depend on recruitment location?
IMO we should leave hero cost as it for now. At most - move it to defines in defaultMods.json or whatever its name.

I’m OK with un-hardcoding things that have clear dependencies (e.g. produced resources are clearly property of town building) but othervice - it is better to leave it to scripting.

I think you should stop stuffing imbalanced elements in the game. The idea itself is interesting, but how it will work?
What if player chooses super-hero as atarting hero or picks it from level 1 prison? Anyway, we already can create new heroes with unusual stats and mark them as “special”. Eveyrthing else can be part of custom mods with scripts.
Besides, I don’t remember anybody else proposing or discussing this feature. For now, better focus on battlefields /terrains as there is a demand for them.

If hero is of “neutral” faction, he will not get it from start.

What will be so bad about it? Prisons are useless 99% of time. At least they will give chance to get army.

No means no, I will not do this feature than.