Hero limit

I think you are mixing many different things:

• Endless turns should not happen in any situation
  • Besides, how endless turn is related to the amount of heroes?
  • AI buys a new heroe when it thinks it’s the best option. If you can propose alternate logic for buying heroes, please do it within our current system.
  • Everything that is possible or not possible is exactly the same for every player, AI or not. This is the basic principle of anti-cheat system.

I am about opposite - I think that hero limit maybe upped to 16 heroes on map at time.

PS Now AI heroes don’t usually retake mines or dwellings captured by me. If AI will change behavior or weak heroes to exploring/collecting all unguarded resources and dwellings, it will make more sence for AI to buy new heroes. I never was good in AI, so it’s only my proposition,

Well , i have this problem , on about 70% maps (other 30% works correct ) i start , first 2 turns comes normally then it all slows down more and more each turn , in 2-4 weeks it comes to permanent enemy turn , but if i rush and kill enemy heroes, turns are fast as before , can you tell me what to do with it? i actually love this game and its only one that i can play more then 30 minutes on mobile :-/

There were some issues with logging and etc, which caused AI turn to be long. In next release AI will move much faster, as it said. So have patience :sunglasses:

Well thanks , when it will be approximately? :slight_smile:

Have no idea. But it was said that next build will be in month from release of 0.95.
So it can be any time now. But I hope first Spells modding will be finished.

well thanks , what is going to be changed with spells?

I don’t exactly know. But I think there will be made modding system at least for buff/debuff spells (spells, giving speed, health, or reducing defence, etc) and for direct damage spells (like Lighting Bolt etc)

I added settings for heroes to defaultMods.json:

"hardcodedFeatures" :
{
	"MAX_HEROES_AVAILABLE_PER_PLAYER" : 16,
	"MAX_HEROES_ON_MAP_PER_PLAYER" : 8	

},

So if my code changes will be taken to ‘develop’ branch, users can set up max heroes on map/max heroes including garrisoned as they like (or cause, only positive numbers:-)
Like someone may set it to have 255 heroes per player, and to freeze VCMI :mrgreen:

More configurable options (such as multiple effects - debuff + damage in same spell, configurable animations. And may be smth else: any suggestions?) and deep refactoring of all related mechanics.

What is about summon spells? Did it made also?

How could I possibly limit heroes number for player to single hero at random maps? I usually play with single hero and want to ai do the same. Is there any mods to do this?
On pc I just play era3 on original engine but for now all I have is android tablet with vcmi and I don’t like how ai buy more heroes and take my resources on map

Yes. This submod limits number of heroes to 2.

It also gives some bonuses to AI optimized for 2 hero mode, so it plays better, since the last mod update.

Let me know if AI is an overkill in that mode I will release new version / change it so that bonuses for that mod are separate as submod.

Or maybe make it a separate mod like Dydzio did with his new overkill AI.

It limits to 2 heroes per player or 2 heroes on map overall?

And, if possible, can I disable this bonuses and other stuff? It would be ideal if ai just seats around his town and bother me as little as possible. I just enjoy exploring map and collecting resources along with artifacts so I do not really need strong opponent.

Limit is per player so it limits heroes for all players , human and ai alike. 2 on map heroes and 4 total. Which means you can have 2 heroes on map and 2 heroes in towns garnizons.

Right now option works with bonuses.

I can publish a new version of this mod with bonuses as separate suboption. For that however you will have to wait a few days as the earliest when I can update it is on Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you, take your time. And if you could make version with one active hero limit and without bonuses, it will be great. No matter if as separate version or configurable, it helps anyway.

Sounds good to have configurable hero limits. I like playing big maps (252x252 and even larger thanks to VCMIs unlimited map size feature.) and I often find 8 heroes are not enough for me. Hopefully this will be added soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are already configurable. However, the limit affects all the players, including AI.

I will try it out. Thanks.