VCMI 0.95 released!

RPM packages are updated!

At first glance, all is well. Except for one - very long turn. It’s no missing.

I hope the ability to install VCMI outside of the Heroes folder will be in 0.96.

I believe the ability to copy your Heroes folder is enough?

Some months ago beegee declared to integrate these changes into RMG, but it’s not done yet. Until then we won’t move forward.

[quote=“Warmonger”]

It’s good enough for a temporary workaround solution; not for a definitive approach. Between having an ini file with a line for heroes3path and having gratuitous copies of an entire game, there is a huge difference in elegance and usability.

Heroes 3 complete is over 976 megs by the way. I know hard drives are much bigger nowadays, but still. Copying nearly one gigabyte of data over and over each time there’s a new version of VCMI to install is not optimal.

I’ve tested the new version and it’s really great and stable for me! However, for me portability is a big concern. I very often switch computers and carry my stuff with me on a usb stick. With the new approach of storing everything in the user folder I cannot do that anymore. Is there or will there be a setting to enable VCMI to write to it’s own folder again?

Thanks in advance

Turnam, actually you can. Copy all H3 data to C:\Users…\vcmi
VCMI reads H3 data from 2 directories:

1. VCMI install dir
  2. User directory

Mariamario, no such setting at the moment. User directory MUST be different from data directory - this part won’t change. But we may implement some kind of override so you’ll be able to specify user data directory. Command line switch perhaps?

That would be great if it was done!

As I remember, in Windows Junction Points links can be used to leave directory in vcmi directory, and keep only link on it in Users…

@Warmonger: seems like AI still sometimes can do endless turn, see ticket 1747

Glad people are keeping the game alive :slight_smile:

Please,if you love heroes3 truely, revive it on android.It’s a milestone in the history of the games. You will be the true heroes.
it takes a long time for the AI’s action per round in the version of android. (1 minutes +) Please pay a specil attention for it , thank you !

it takes a long time for the AI’s action per round in the version of android. (1 minutes +) Please pay a specil attention for it , thank you !

Wog doesnt work on android
All it does is add the wog o0tions button but you cant click it

This button is just a bitmap and it ndicates that WoG indeed DOES work in your version. Just not all the WoG options are supported. You have to manually edit delautMod…json file to enable WoG features.

Just a fan. I have been playing it for the last 8+ years from the HD heroes app and the hope of a improved interface/AI/WOG support and more it amazing to me. Keep up the good work I can’t wait to see more.

I haven’t been here in a long time. Why did you decide to save files in C:\users ?

Just got back into Heroes 3 and was making sure i could get everything working. I have WoG installed, VCMI installed as the directions say but the option in system options to change the default setting for resolution doesn’t exist? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug that might be causing this?

Are you sure that you’re running VCMI and not HoMM? VCMI has its own executables (VCMI_Client.exe and VCMI_Launcher.exe)

You can change resolution either:
a) Via Launcher - start VCMI_Launcher.exe, go to settings tab, select preferred resolution.
b) Via VCMI - start VCMI_Client.exe, start game, go to system options. There you should see your current resolution & button to change it.

when will 0.96 release? what are you focusing most on fixing this time?