VCMI for Android

This could also be due to recent changes in player order, victory conditions etc. Make sure it does work on PC to begin with.

No, I haven’t managed to reproduce this on PC.

Anyway, what people complain the most about is AI slowness. It sometimes takes ~15 minutes to make a single turn. Could something be done about it?

Also isn’t it odd that VCMI doesn’t eat much CPU at all on AI turn? Where’s the bottleneck then?

I don’t know about AI code yet, but usually there is a value of max map hexes AI evaluates. Maybe dept of move calculating might be lowered.

any updates?bugs fixed,features and so on?

I don’t fix any VCMI bugs, neither do I add features, check official VCMI changelogs for that.
If you have issues that are Android-specific please be more precise.

Who is the dev for android?When the new update is coming?

Update is coming as soon as new VCMI is released.

New build, 0.95.

vcmi.xyz.is/vcmi-0.95.apk

Man, i registered just to say thank you :wink:

Can you please tell me whats new in 0.95 build.Thanks for your time and effort.Il tell all my buddies to try your android port.

Check this:
[forum.vcmi.eu/t/vcmi-0-95-released/788/5)

Starting with the 0.95 release I’ll now be hosting two apps on Google Play:

1. “VCMI for Android”, play.google.com/store/apps/deta … s.xyz.vcmi — This one will only contain stable builds (i.e. 0.94, 0.95, 0.96 and so on), development versions (0.94e, 0.94f, etc) will no longer be published
  2. “VCMI for Android Nightly”, play.google.com/store/apps/deta … mi.nightly — This will contain latest SVN build with Android patch applied.

A thanks from the button of my heart.You guys are the best.

I believe it would be nice to link back to our forum.
Firstly, to let people know the features of project, such as mod support and more.
Secondly, some of them may want to report some bugs to our bugtracker.

Also, Android community is another place where we could advertise and attract some more developers. This is important for the success of VCMI!

Sure thing, just tell me what to write there.

This is more or less how I see it:

For some reason, I can’t get it to detect the game files. I installed the gog version and VCMI in the same folder, ran VCMI once, copied all of the stuff into android/data/is.xyz.vcmi/files and when I run the app it says the files are missing. I have Galaxy Note 2. Any ideas how to solve this?

You installed VCMI in Windows? Wrong.
You must first install VCMI in Google Play. Then copy installed files of GOG HMM3 version to pointed directory.

Did it this way. Doesn’t work either, but thanks for help.

may i ask one question,have you fix it?
for my test,it still can’t run chinese version on android of v0.95