VCMI for Android

Wow, the android finally got some love.
But I don’t have anything with that system. :stuck_out_tongue:
Still, your nick should be written in some sort of hall of fame. Is there anything like that on this forum?

Hello,
I was so happy to hear the news about VCMI for Android and I installed it following those directives, vcmi.xyz.is/installation.html, but when I launch it I only get black screen after some config menu and then back to phone desktop… =(((
(Samsung Galaxy SIII Gt-i9300 on 4.1.2)

i have same problem until switch on wi-fi. If i understodd correctly, SDL need to download something from internet.

Great work!

I am very happy particularly to see that the actual patch is quite small.

So it is.

Reportedly Qt 5 does support Android so it should be possible.

Not quite… Perhaps I could create a group for accomplished contributors and then add some visual sign of membership. But… I’m too lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:
I made the thread sticky and I’ll mention it in the next release announcement.

Update, 0.94f.

Download: either from google play or direct link vcmi.xyz.is/vcmi-0.94f.apk

thanks again.

After i click end turn it waits forever…other than that i am pretty amazed

I’m not sure if that’s because of the port, you should try copying the save you’re getting this problem with to PC and testing with newest desktop build: [forum.vcmi.eu/t/vcmi-0-94f-development-version-r3771/786/1)

I use gog edition on android.This might be the problem?btw thanks for your effort.I really apreciate it.

No, it should work fine.

Okey i tried other campaigns and it worked very well/
this bug "infinite ai wait " occured when i played this campaign Restoration of erathia -Long live the queen.Thanks for your port.Now i am the most happy person in the world.
Take care of yourself man.btw excuse my english.

Sometimes when playing hotseat game without bots, say, only 2 human players, on a map like “A Warm and Familiar Place” I get this right after the game starts:

Any ideas about what to look at?

This could also be due to recent changes in player order, victory conditions etc. Make sure it does work on PC to begin with.

No, I haven’t managed to reproduce this on PC.

Anyway, what people complain the most about is AI slowness. It sometimes takes ~15 minutes to make a single turn. Could something be done about it?

Also isn’t it odd that VCMI doesn’t eat much CPU at all on AI turn? Where’s the bottleneck then?

I don’t know about AI code yet, but usually there is a value of max map hexes AI evaluates. Maybe dept of move calculating might be lowered.

any updates?bugs fixed,features and so on?

I don’t fix any VCMI bugs, neither do I add features, check official VCMI changelogs for that.
If you have issues that are Android-specific please be more precise.

Who is the dev for android?When the new update is coming?

Update is coming as soon as new VCMI is released.

New build, 0.95.

vcmi.xyz.is/vcmi-0.95.apk