VCMI 0.94b - development version (r3706)

Thanks for the prompt feedback.
I have updated the package (under the same link) to contain proper version of given libraries.

(Well, now it has two copies of zlib but saving 64kB is not worth effort ATM.)

Oh, it’s time to check my town migration script:-)

Will try to migrate on these saturday/sunday. Will write if some bugs are found.

Ivan, am i right that this version will work with 32bit area/border files for townscreen?

If there is anyone interested in RPM dev builds (for Fedora), please let me know.

it’s normal?
radikal.ua/full/04012/49112/06ab42b5db.png.html

Well, only if AI is completely stuck. You may want to use vcmieagles cheat code or just enable AI log to see what’s going on.

The Cove Town isn’t working now. When I enable it, the game crashes while loading map.

Will fix.

Yes, it should.

Works for me. And I haven’t made any changes in it since 0.94…
Do you have WoG commanders enabled? This may cause a crash at the moment.

I’ll update mod for next release. And probably will make compatibility patch soon. For now disabling commanders should make Cove work.

Ok, I disabled commanders and it works fine now, thanks.

Tirith reported that files msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll are missing. Still, you can find them in 0.94 package.

He’s not stuck. Some heroes continue to walk. And some do not use

AI became more afraid. Its bad.
War_and_Peace.h3m (54.5 KB)

1.h3m (6.93 KB)

Red console. A lot of red text. Whether it is possible to remove or fix? Besides, it is very slow game. Turn is very long.

youtu.be/BUsdfh3jnic
LOTR King324.h3m (54.9 KB)

We have bugtracker for that.

Also, we have log configs for detailed debugging.
Beegee, see what happens when all the logs are hidden by default? :stuck_out_tongue:

So more likely that they will not get lost: D

I made corrections to town migration script, now it seems to work with towns I have. It’s version 0.2:
[forum.vcmi.eu/t/macron1-topic-for-different-stuff/726/9)
So buildings/faction/structures.json now convert.

I will proceed to create script that migrates creature files.
In creatures there is new idle animation value, and now if sound file has “” path (no file), its reported as error. So need to comment sound files if they not exist.

I migrated creatures, will post my helping script later.

I must say, VCMI checking of input files became lot more strict. So absent files now detected. There is a lot of work now to correct issues and delete non-existing buildings etc.

In general, very big thanks to implementing files existence checks.
Now I corrected another hell of errors with it.
By the way, is puzzle and siege files check implementing is possible also?
It’s a check by list of needed files.
If some graphics files are missing, than siege is crashing at start.

If some puzzle pieces are missing, there are open map parts in puzzle mode. It’s a good idea of cheating - move puzzles to other place from Content/Data/puzzle and see where Grail is. If check of existence is implemented, it will serve for good in multiplayer games (along with CRC checking).

How can I modify original Hero? I want replace Xeron’s skills and change speciality to upgrades Devils to Arch Devils(Mobile Upg. Forsaken Palace).

(Almost) in the same way as new hero. But:

1. For H3 objects name should be written with “core” prefix
  2. You need to write only changed values, not full config.
    So it will be something like this (haven’t checked wiki for names of any fields, but should be close):
"core:xeron" : 
{
    "texts" :
    {
        "specialtyDescr" : "Upgrades Devils to Archdevils"
    },
    "specialty" : <code similar to Gelu/Dracon>
}

Anyway, this should be asked here:
[forum.vcmi.eu/t/homm-3-wake-of-gods-3-59-advanced-levels/80/1)

I forgot to say that the launcher does not start. missing file MSVCR110.dll

Yes we know. That file was in 0.94 package.