Tavern

I’m sure it’s because of my poor English. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, when the first public release was made (0.54) most of the major sites about HMM posted news about our project. During first for days after release we had about 1400 absolute unique visitors (according to the Google Analytics) and 86% of them came from the referring sites (mainly heroes.ag.ru, celestialheavens.com and acidcave.net). First two released versions have together over 3600 downloads.

Nowadays only Polish sites inform about new releases of VCMI, during last four days we had only 200 unique visitors. However they are much more active. And I’m more happy with quality than quantity :wink:

You’re right. Current releases are suitable for testing, not playing. Because of that we’re waiting with promoting VCMI until it is playable.

Yes, exactly!
We need more people like you! :smiley:

Man… I can’t believe my luck (or should I say bad luck?:)) - I played for like a couple of hours this evening. I tried a few maps, double checked all the old bugs that were reported so far, but found nothing new. Of course there are many functionalities still to be implemented… but I just didn’t run into any bug. I’m honestly frustrated. :mrgreen: Either you guys released a pretty bug-free 0.62, or I’m just doing a bad job testing this evening. :stuck_out_tongue:

If also tomorrow I’ll find no more bugs, I’ll just give a list of functionalities which should maybe be prioritized, so that I can further test other aspects of the game. :wink:

Hmm, Actually I’ve found several glitches. If a hero is wearing a necklace, it’s show on his head in hero window and (I’m not sure if this one was intruduced before or after 0.62) pics of hero’s secondary skills are wrongly assigned what probably could even crash the game.

Ragarding prioritized functionalities - yes, such list would be helpful for us. Especially now, when the newest, not released yet version of VCMI has implemented spellbook, but without spell effects - it would be good to know which spells do you consider most important. Furthermore, we have fixed so many minor things after 0.62 that we don’t know what exactly is to be fixed :smiley: . So when new public development version is out I’d like to have listed all bugs and other minor problems even if it has been already reported. A public bug-reporting sevice would be a good idea…

I didn’t look for artefact or secondary skills issues, as I knew their functionalities are not yet implemented (only the icons). I more focused on already implemented funcionalities. But now that I see you’re busy with this, I’ll take them into account.

Sure. I’ll try to make such a list tonight. If not tonight, then you’ll have it on Saturday (tomorrow I’m off till after midnight).

I’m not sure I exactly understand what you mean here. I can go through all bugs reported so far in the English section, and give you 2 lists: fixed & not fixed. Or is sth else that you need?

All I need is a list of not fixed issues in newest dev build (we are going to release it today).

Things are gettin’ pretty busy around at my job (not only because of the season - but we’re starting to feel the effects of this financial crisis in the US also at my bank), so I’ll prolly manage to find more time for testing only in the week-ends from now on. Or at least for the next couple of weeks, till things settle down a little bit. :wink:

Hi,

I thought of letting you know that in the coming weeks I won’t be as active as usual. Next week-end I’m off for a conference, the one after only the Sunday is free; first 2 weeks of March I might have a bit of time, after which I go on a 15 days vacation. So, except for the first part of March, I’ll be pretty much off & busy for the next 6 weeks. As of April should be fine again though. :slight_smile:

Hello

I’m off for a ski vacation now the coming week :), leaving tomorrow so i won’t able to test or answer to questions regarding my suggestion/bug reports. I’ll be back again in 8-9 days.

Edit: back : )

Hello again. I’m back from my 2 weeks trip to India (out of which 1 week in the Himalayas :astonished: ). I still have some unpacking to do and catch up with some things (work and not only), but as of Friday I’ll be able to resume the VCMI testing. :slight_smile:

Welcome back :slight_smile:

Hi Guys, just want to give all the programmers n testers some encouragement. Really thanx for working on the project! Can’t wait to see the final product! :slight_smile:

It’s not an easy job working on such a huge project. It must be very time consuming. May i ask how many hours do you guys work on this project everyday? Are all the programmers like Tow dragon & Tow etc working as software programmers in real life? How about testers like Zamolxis? U guys are unbelievable!!!

Thanx again, dudes! Hang on there!

:slight_smile:
kipper

Sometimes we do nothing for a week or two, sometimes we code a few hours a day. I think an average person spends much more time on watching TV than we spend on creating VCMI.

I and Tow study Applied Computer Science. We don’t work at any company in real life.

Thanks ;].

Well, I’m going again on a 2 weeks holiday, so you probably won’t be seeing much of me before the beginning of next month (unless I’ll have free internet at the hotel and weather will be that bad to keep me inside most of the time) :->

Best regards,
Zam

Maybe this is the right post to ask.
Someone know in what russian forum I can ask for a new exe for Wiz8?
The game support modding but a loader or a better exe is necessary.
Must be Russian because in the usa forums they say is illegal mod a exe.

It would be helpful if you briefly descibed what is it.

In USA only being an idiot is not a crime. You may loose warranty, but in general developers support development of mods.

But as far as I know, nobody on this board visits russian forums and hardly anyone knows the language.

Actualy I speak Russian, and for now i’m working on Heroes 3 manual that is in Russian - translating it , and part is done already.

So if U describe me what is the point of your request, i’ll try to find in russian forums
in fact i know theese mods(already made): Rekvizit, Phoenix-mod, Era (it’s more mod-platform), Horn of the Abyss(HotA), and Sagamosa, there are also such editions of WOG - Tournament Edition and World Tournament - theese are not much patched (means exe) , most of features are made through ERM

Is ANOTHER game, Wizardry 8.
MadGod create a powerful editor that can do many things but some hardcoded things cannot be changed. Because this topic is called “tavern” I ask here.
I play lots of old games, because I m old too, and mods are always welcome. The guys that made the ones for JA2 made a full work changing ALL the game the way they want, in x-com the loader from Seb76 as examples. Here too a complete work, cant wait for every release, maybe I go and cryogenic myself for not wait the next version.
But Wizardry need some help and I only find a site that MAYBE is doing something but I think they only are translating the game to Hungarian lang. For that I ask where I can find people that want to make a loader to or a new EXE for Wizardry 8, of course a loader is more “easy” in terms of work. Hope this don’t break some rule.

Sorry I’m not familiar with this game, and i have no idea how can i help u with your problem, but if u will find a place where it is desribed i will help U to understand Russians

Hi, I’m happy to announce that I’ve finally got my new PC. All technical problems are hopefully solved. Still have to install tons of soft, including settings up development environment but I’ll return to full activity soon. :slight_smile:

If anyone IM-ed me and haven’t received answer (and should have), please write me again. I’ve was moving between a few machines (and systems) last weeks and it’s possible that I’ve lost some messages. Sorry for trouble.

If there are some high priority matters that need my attention soon, let me know.
Otherwise I’ll focus on reviewing recent changes to sources and bugreports.

Glad to hear! :slight_smile:

May this one be an obedient, reliable and long lasting machine. :mrgreen:

I don’t think there are any high priority matters pending (at least none that I can think of). With medium priority would be the need of a dev. release perhaps, as we’ve had about 40 bug fixes since the last one. But I guess that won’t be for the coming days. For the rest, no IMs from me, just a PM in which I was mentioning a tiny correction for the homepage article about the 0.74 release (referred to as 0.73 at some point). But I just realized - only now :stuck_out_tongue: - that by editing the post in the Announcements section, I fixed it on the homepage as well. :wink: